FMV Toolbar Missing (One of two)?

Jump to solution
09-28-2016 08:22 AM
MarkGroom
New Contributor III

Working within ArcMap, I have added esri's Full Motion Video add-on, but I seem to be missing (or can't find) one of FMV's toolbars. 

I have, and can access, the "Full Motion Video Tools" in the ArcToolbox (containing Extract Metadata from video, Extract video extent, Video mosaic, Video multiplexer, etc.). But I do not have the toolbar that actually opens the FMV Video Player and manager. Attached is an image of the FMV toolbar that I do not have.

Thank you.

Image of missing toolbar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Hello Mark,

Go to "Customize" on the main ArcMap menu and select "Toolbars" then scroll down and choose Full Motion Video.  The toolbar will appear in ArcMap and you can then dock it as a toolbar group in ArcMap.

Jeff

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Hello Mark,

Go to "Customize" on the main ArcMap menu and select "Toolbars" then scroll down and choose Full Motion Video.  The toolbar will appear in ArcMap and you can then dock it as a toolbar group in ArcMap.

Jeff

MarkGroom
New Contributor III

Hey Jeff,

Thank you for the reply! But doing this, I re-add the toolbox/toolbar that is already present. On my computer, I am missing one of two of the FMV toolbars. I already have the FMV toolbar containing extract metadata, extract video extent, video multiplexer, mosaic video, etc.

BUT i still do not have the FMV Video Manager toolbar.

Attached are screenshots highlighting the FMV toolbar currently missing.

Missing FMV Toolbar (screenshot from esri tutorial)

Missing FMV Toolbar (screenshot from esri tutorial)

0 Kudos
JeffLiedtke
Esri Contributor

Mark,

Thanks for the helpful info and screenshots.  You have access to the FMV geoprocessing toolbox and tools.  What is missing is the FMV toolbar.  The steps in the post above describe how to expose that toolbar.

Perhaps the FMV Add-In is not installed?  Go to the ArcMap main menu, select "Customize", then Add-In Manager.  This opens the Add-In Manager dialog which should list the version of the FMV Add-In loaded on your machine. 

Also, what version of ArcMap are you running? Your screenshot of the FMV toolbar is an older one from several releases ago.  The newer toolbar (as of 1.5 years ago, ArcMap 10.3) is one that looks like this (the search icon looks different). 

The version of the FMV Add-In needs to match the proper version of ArcMap.  You can get the proper version of the FMV Add-In by browsing to the FMV Product page   www.esri.com/FMV.  Scroll to the bottom of the page for instructions on how to get the FMV Add-In for your version of ArcMap.  It is free of charge if you are on maintenance.  Otherwise there is a nominal fee of $19.99.

Another good source for info if you need to install the FMV Add-In is the FMV User's Manual is: https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-8607

Best,

Jeff

0 Kudos