Clean up Organizational Content?

12-05-2014 10:46 AM
Occasional Contributor III

For a variety of reasons, our org's content is a bit messy, and I would like to clean it up.  Specifically, I have things in my own My Content which I would like to delete, but to be safe, I want to confirm that no Web Maps/Applications are referencing them.

The first thing is to ditch items which are not shared.  After that, though, I can't think of a way to determine which group's maps use what services without tons and tons of clicking.  Is there a way to produce a list/report/matrix to help me along?  Can I select a bunch of Web Maps and generate a list of all content which they collectively reference?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
2 Replies
RyanMonk1
New Contributor III

I've also got this problem, I want to delete a hosted feature service but I don't know which maps are using it.

The ago-tools python library has a sample script to do this: findItemsContainingUrl.py

ago-tools/findItemsContainingUrl.py at master · Esri/ago-tools · GitHub 

I noticed that the GEO Jobe Admin Tools Pro has this feature:

Now View Item Dependencies in ArcGIS Online with Admin Tools 

It would be awesome if the 'Usage' tab on a hosted feature service also shows which maps are using it.

It currently only shows the number of 'Requests' have accessed the service, but it would be great if it showed exactly where the requests came from.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please also see this Idea and vote for the functionality if it is what you are requesting:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/7244 

- Katie

0 Kudos