Are you going to add more coordinate entry formats for Survey123?

09-21-2016 10:09 PM
PaulDoherty3
Occasional Contributor

Search and Rescue Teams do most of their mission reporting in USNG (the National standard according to FEMA) or UTM and without this option they will not adopt Survey123 for their mission data collection. 

Currently the Mountain Rescue Association are using the GeoForm to report their mission location - sometimes all they have is a report of where the person was rescued or last known to be and it will typically be written in UTM coordinates (see below).  

They would like to use Survey123 Web for the conditional logic so they can speed up data entry by using "rules" and for the built-in reporting / analysis features. They do not have a developer and are a volunteer, non-profit organisation. 

There are probably other organisations looking for this capability - so I was wondering if it is in your development pipeline? Should I add this to the ArcGIS Ideas page?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

survey123 Ideas can be found here

https://community.esri.com/search.jspa?q=survey123&place=%2Fplaces%2F478947&depth=ALL 

I see nothing related to your issue, so it is either not an issue, an issue that hasn't been put forward or somewhere inbetween.  Posting the idea would give you some idea of whether there is support.  If there is no idea, then there is no implementation unless someone on the dev team thought of it first.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Paul,

Posting about Survey123 in the ideas is a good place for new ideas, like Dan mentioned. You can also ask your question in the Survey123 for ArcGIS‌ group and you can post about issues and feature enhancements on the Survey123 GitHub page:

Issues · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub 

Likely posting in all of these places would get your issue out there quicker.

0 Kudos
PaulDoherty3
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @Dan_Patterson and @Adrian_Walsh - I have added this to the Ideas Page. https://community.esri.com/ideas/12624