saveWabAppState not working on iPad or iPhone

09-12-2016 12:18 PM
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I have a few mapping applications built in Web AppBuilder v1.4 and hosted in IIS. In the MapManager.js file there is the code on lines 94-96 that are intended to save the application state per user. This works perfectly in a web browser from a desktop computer but on an iPad and iPhone the state is not saved. I have iPad users who are frustrated with this, they go between the map and another application and would like the map to open back to the area they were previously working in but that is not working. Has anyone else seen this issue with the iPad or iPhone? I cleared all web site data and still cannot get this feature to work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but had you thought about going to the current version 2.1?

https://community.esri.com/thread/180529 

I know the "save state" implementation changed a bit between the versions, but haven't seen anyone else mention ios apps specifically.

For this and other info on WAB-dev edition, check out /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...‌  if you haven't already. 

MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I upgraded to version 2.1 and now in the web browsers on my desktop I see a small black popout box appear in the lower right corner labeled "App State" and I have to click on that to restore the map extent and layers visibility where I left off. Is there an option to make the restore happen automatically without user intervention? Also, I do NOT get this popout message on the iPhone or iPad! Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

Can anyone confirm if this works in iOS 9 or 10? I upgraded to Web AppBuilder 2.1 (Dev Edition) and created a new application. I then publish the app in IIS with a URL accessible through a proxy. The "App State" message never appears in any browser I install on iOS and therefore I am unable to get back to the place where I was last working in the map. Works fine on Android devices and desktop computers. Any help would be appreciated. Is there a buried iOS setting to get this to work? Or a code change I can make in the mapping application files?

0 Kudos