Rotation problem raised when tilt > 90 degree

09-05-2016 02:15 AM
MarkLam1
New Contributor

Hi all,

I am using ArcGIS Javascript 4.0 API and want to manually write the rotate function. The function simply add camera.heading by 5 degree after cloning the camera out and then assign it back to the original view.camera. The function is triggered by pressing a button. The rotation runs smoothly when tilt is < 90 degree. However, when it is > 90 degree, something strange happen. The heading will dramatically increase and tilt will go back to < 90 degree. May I know whether it is a bug or configuration issue?

Attached please find the excel for the testing.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Mark... are you doing this for arcmap or arcgis pro? or some other software?  On GeoNet, the only hits with javascript and camera as keywords are returning nonsense results and no paired combinations.  Either the deployment isn't for with arcmap/pro but elsewhere, and grabbing that help file would be useful.  Is it this documentation ArcGIS API for JavaScript | ArcGIS for Developers because there is a link which suggests the camera is limited to 0-90 unless I am miss reading it Camera | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 

0 Kudos
MarkLam1
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I am writing a web application by using ArcGIS Javascript 4.0 API. Actually I have posted another question for getting a tilt which is larger than 90 degree when using WebScene. And it has been solved by setting SceneView | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.0 . However, the problem mentioned in this post raised after setting the tilt > 90 degree. 

Below is the link for the relevant post:

Why WebScene can tilt larger than 90 degree but Javascript 4.0 API cannot? 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I guess I misunderstood, I thought you were referring to the camera tilt constraints as cited in my 2nd link.

0 Kudos
MarkLam2
New Contributor

May I know if this is a bug or?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I haven't seen any reference other than the links I sent.  You should check internally to see if this is a bug or an interpretation issue.

0 Kudos