Error while starting ArcGIS Pro !!!

09-01-2016 08:39 PM
Rohit_Venkat_GandhiMendadhala4
New Contributor

When I am trying to install ArcGIS Pro 1.3, Im facing an issue while start-up like " Arc GIS pro has encountered a serious problem".

Even I have tried and verified with the "Can you run ArcGIS pro" [CanYouRunIt?], everything was fine and my system was compatible. The minimum RAM mentioned was 4gb and the recommended was 8gb. My system has 4gb ram. I have also updated my graphic drivers AMD Radeon HD 7600 and Intel Graphic drivers. But the issue was not resolved. Anyone please let me know the perfect working solution for this problem.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
35 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

An older thread on Pro 1.0 but another avenue to try - https://community.esri.com/thread/130078

And delete similar files from your user profile"

C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISPro
C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\ArcGISPro1.0
C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro
C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro.exe_Url_hkdcc5obbrc12pd4cpazeniq3020y2oq
C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro.exe_Url_usrdyax2a4fbxzcclmgcafuxifk3o351
C:\Users\<user profile>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro1.0

Could be a corrupt user profile...

New Contributor

Hi Robert,

This is the first time I am installing ArcGIS Pro 1.3, I have never used any earlier versions. So, I think there could not be any earlier versions installed on my system.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rohit -

Understand.  Install ArcGIS Pro on another machine then (for testing purposes) and log into Pro with your Named User Account.  Does ArcGIS Pro crash on that machine?  Pls advise.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Sure, I will be trying to install the same software in my friends machine and let you know if it works or not

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I have tried in another machine with 8GB RAM. Its working fine. So should I conclude that the problem is only with the RAM but not the system.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I would run that system check again... I suspect that you ran it under the ArcMap area, perhaps not under the PRO section or you may be missing the first warning about the Net framework... check and read carefully, it is all there.

ArcGIS Pro 1.3 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS for Desktop 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Pro will work with 4GB of RAM but is a "less than enjoyable user experience"  I'd run the "Can you Run It (Pro)" on both machines to see what the differences are:  http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/Client/Standard/?apikey=50F41142-39B0-4061-97C2-BA7B7FE43D0E&r...

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I have just compared my laptop's "Can you run ArcGIS pro 1.3" with that having 8GB RAM. Every thing was perfect and almost same except for the RAM problem. My laptop has just passed the minimum requirements.My friends laptop passed the recommended requirements. I hope that is the only difference.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Without diving deep in hardware specs/requirements, it's "possible" the RAM difference was causing the crash.  Sometimes antivirus programs do weird things too.  I guess since it works on a colleagues PC, then this thread is somewhat resolved.  Last question - besides the RAM difference, is the make/model of the PC similar or vastly different?

0 Kudos
New Contributor

My laptop make is Dell Inspiron 5520 with 4GB RAM and 500 GB HD. My friends laptop make is HP with 8GB RAM and 1 TB HD. That's only the information i have about the laptop make.

0 Kudos