Link frames across Layouts?

Jump to solution
07-25-2016 09:40 AM
Labels (1)
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm using ArcGIS pro in order to create exportable PDFs using Layout for my previous problem Quantiles in areas within a layer? which I finally managed to execute. (thanks Dan Patterson​)

So I created 2 Layouts. one for "cows" and the other for "barns" in order to avoid changing the titles back and forth.

The tricky part gets when I need to change the viewable layer and hence the map title 300 times (I need to produce 2 maps per polygon area. 150 areas x 2 maps =300!)

One layer represents "cows" and the other "barns" So I have 2 Layouts, on with the title "Barns" and other with the title "Cows" and I need to link both map frames to show the same extent when exporting both maps...

I tried using Dynamic Text, but cannot assign Dynamic Text based on a layer name, only high-level or "system" data like map extent, scale, date and such.

Any ideas on how to have the same extent between mapframes across 2 different Layouts?

There's is a tool to link 2 frames, but only within the same Layout: Add and modify map frames—Layouts | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Well, In case you are wondering, I solved the case by my own....

I saw that one can toggle text "layers" and real layers in the Layout as well, so this solves my problem quite easily with 2 clicks and no need to allign and mess around with scale and placements 😄

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HectorBorro1
Occasional Contributor

Well, In case you are wondering, I solved the case by my own....

I saw that one can toggle text "layers" and real layers in the Layout as well, so this solves my problem quite easily with 2 clicks and no need to allign and mess around with scale and placements 😄

0 Kudos