I've heard about vector tiles quite a bit recently but am not sure I understand how they work, how to create them, or how to host them...so I was hoping someone could clue me in to the following questions I have below...
1) How do vector tiles differ from traditional tile caches?
2) How do you create / author vector tiles?
3) How do you update vector tiles?
4) Can vector tiles be hosted on a local ArcGIS Server?
5) Do vector tiles create a map service similar to a cached map service?
6) Are there obvious advantages / disadvantages to vector tiles over a traditional map cache?