FEMA's HAZUS-MH with ArcGIS 10.1?

10-09-2012 06:58 AM
RickLederer-Barnes
New Contributor II
Does anyone know if there is a work around/patch/etc. to be able to use FEMA's HAZUS-MH software with 10.1? I just received their latest version (2.1, Feb 2012) and when I try and install it say I need 10.0 SP2 and then it quits setup.  I've read it will run on 10.0 SP3 (don't know about 4) but isn't guaranteed to work properly - I'd be fine with it possibly not working 100% properly, but I don't appear to even have that option as it won't even run though setup.  Anyone dealt with this problem yet?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimothyBoe
New Contributor
Does anyone know if there is a work around/patch/etc. to be able to use FEMA's HAZUS-MH software with 10.1? I just received their latest version (2.1, Feb 2012) and when I try and install it say I need 10.0 SP2 and then it quits setup.  I've read it will run on 10.0 SP3 (don't know about 4) but isn't guaranteed to work properly - I'd be fine with it possibly not working 100% properly, but I don't appear to even have that option as it won't even run though setup.  Anyone dealt with this problem yet?

Ran into this problem as well, and from what I can tell, there is no workaround. Hopefully a patch will be available in the near future.
0 Kudos
MikaMcKinnon
New Contributor
Same issue with attempting to install either the original US HAZUS-MH and the new Canadian Hazus-MH: warning dialogue with full cancellation of the installation attempt, and no possibility of overriding to install anyway.

More frustratingly, it does not appear that it is possible to downgrade 10.1 to 10.0, nor to acquire an older version of ArcGIS. I've put in requests to Esri sales on how to acquire the older software, so far to no luck.

Related: Has anyone encountered problems with having ArcGIS 10.0 SP2, installing Hazus-MH, then upgrading to ArcGIS 10.1? (ie, if we successfully find a way to install, will we be stuck using outdated versions of Arc, or is it just an installation-hiccup?)
0 Kudos
RickLederer-Barnes
New Contributor II
As an update to my original post - I ended up having to uninstall 10.1 and reinstall 10.0 (I had the original disc thankfullly), then install SP2.  Even then I still couldn't get the hurricane module to work, but I was able to at least get the earthquake module and flood module to run. Once I was done I then "upgraded" back to 10.1.  However once I went back to 10.1 I could not run HAZUS again. Hopefully when/if I need to run HAZUS again they'll have upgraded it to be compatible with 10.1 as I do not want to have to go through that ordeal again.  Good luck to anyone else that has to deal with this problem.
0 Kudos
MarcusKitchens1
New Contributor
I found this on the LinkedIn user group "Hazus"....

"Hazus and ArcGIS 10.1
As a reminder, Hazus 2.1 is not compatible with ArcGIS 10.1. For now, when running Hazus you will need to pair it with ArcGIS 10.0 Service Pack 2(SP2). Once the next Hazus release is scheduled, FEMA will notify users. If you have any questions, please post them here or email: helpdesk@support.hazus.us
We apologize for any inconvenience!"

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
MichaelO_Day
New Contributor
I find it rather ironic, but not surprising, that we have this incompatibility problem dragging on. I had heard indications that it will exist until the latter part of this year. I run the Desktop version but I had a full system crash and lost my 10.0 version and now am stuck with 10.1. The primary reason that I even invested in ESRI's product was so that I could run HAZUS and not have to rely on the FEMA regional staff to do modeling. I'm not looking for a free copy, I'll pay standard single use license fee if I have to.
0 Kudos
jasonross2
New Contributor
I find it rather ironic, but not surprising, that we have this incompatibility problem dragging on. I had heard indications that it will exist until the latter part of this year.

Anyone seen/heard of any update to this situation?  I am about to start using Hazus-MH but have 10.1 installed and don't really savour the idea of uninstalling and re-installing 10.0 SP2, then being stuck at that version for everything else besides Hazus use.

Any info is appreciated, thanks.
0 Kudos