UC Agenda Planner - not signing in

Jump to solution
06-15-2016 08:43 AM
LeahBowyer1
New Contributor II

I'm having trouble using the My UC detailed agenda planner. It continually prompts me to sign-in. I've tried through the My UC link as well as just the general link on the UC website. Any suggestions or fixes? I've used both Chrome and IE, and my password still works/allows me to log-in. My colleague is also having this issue. Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MargaretOhayon
New Contributor III

Hi,

We’ve had over 3200 people log in thus far and create an agenda, but have had a handful of users reporting log in issues like you seem to be experiencing.  The following quick series of steps have been the solution to all other reports of not being able to log in.  Could you please step through them and reply if this resolves the login issue for you too?

1. Go to www.esri.com and sign in (little sign in in the top right)

2. After you sign in, from the drop down that appears when you hover over the down arrow by your name choose "ArcGIS Online". This will take you to arcgis.com, where you should be signed in.

3. Once there (on arcgis.com), click on the drop down by your name again, and select "My Profile".

4. Next, click the blue "Edit My Profile button at the top.

5. You should be in the Edit screen. Verify everything is filled out correctly and then click the blue "Save".  Chances are you don't have to edit anything in your profile, and everything is looking ok, but you still have to click "Save", even if you didn't change anything.  Clicking "Save" is the most important step.

6. Sign out from arcgis.com

7. Return back to esri.com.  Sign out if you are signed in, just so we are starting clean.

8. On a new tab, go to uc.schedule.esri.com and try logging in again.

Thank you,

Margaret Ohayon | Project Mgmt, Marketing Operations

Esri | 380 New York St. | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

T 909-793-2853, ext. 1392 | mohayon@esri.com| esri.com

View solution in original post

17 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm sure you have looked at this thread  UC 2016 agenda/schedule webpage

but also, make sure you are logging in with the account associated with MyUC, and not necessarily your ArcGIS Online account.  for me, they are different.  It used to say it wanted the AGOL account, which of course in my case would not have worked.  But still, if you have a tablet, the apps seem to be working a bit better than the browsers (as pointed out in the other thread).

LeahBowyer1
New Contributor II

Thanks Rebecca,

I am using the same account and linking from My UC registration page. I'm not having trouble with it logging out or not loading - just with the sign-in and save functions to create My Agenda. I will try from a tablet. It seems that that's my only option. I will post if I am successful.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I was never getting the link from the My UC registration page to work either, even though that seem the logical place and the one that really ​should​ work.  Still always prompted me to log in.  Hopefully someone from the UC agenda "group" will monitor this and no that is an issue.  I had reported the AGOL issue, and that did get fixed.  I'll tag Timothy Hales​ in case they are not monitoring, and he can probably let the right people know.

MargaretOhayon
New Contributor III

Hi,

We’ve had over 3200 people log in thus far and create an agenda, but have had a handful of users reporting log in issues like you seem to be experiencing.  The following quick series of steps have been the solution to all other reports of not being able to log in.  Could you please step through them and reply if this resolves the login issue for you too?

1. Go to www.esri.com and sign in (little sign in in the top right)

2. After you sign in, from the drop down that appears when you hover over the down arrow by your name choose "ArcGIS Online". This will take you to arcgis.com, where you should be signed in.

3. Once there (on arcgis.com), click on the drop down by your name again, and select "My Profile".

4. Next, click the blue "Edit My Profile button at the top.

5. You should be in the Edit screen. Verify everything is filled out correctly and then click the blue "Save".  Chances are you don't have to edit anything in your profile, and everything is looking ok, but you still have to click "Save", even if you didn't change anything.  Clicking "Save" is the most important step.

6. Sign out from arcgis.com

7. Return back to esri.com.  Sign out if you are signed in, just so we are starting clean.

8. On a new tab, go to uc.schedule.esri.com and try logging in again.

Thank you,

Margaret Ohayon | Project Mgmt, Marketing Operations

Esri | 380 New York St. | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA

T 909-793-2853, ext. 1392 | mohayon@esri.com| esri.com

LeahBowyer1
New Contributor II

Margaret,

Thank you for the quick response today. All problems logging in on my desktop and the ESRI Events have been fixed after following your instructions. Thanks!

Leah

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Margaret,

I followed these steps exactly and found no difference with the logging in (well, I can log in, but my schedule is super slow, like others have experienced). Firefox gave me the error screen about six times and after five minutes or so, I was able to see my schedule (and eventually look through it seamlessly).

Chrome behaved the same way, giving me the error screen several times, waiting a long time, and eventually I got in. Seems to me that just waiting and waiting will eventually get me to what I need. After that, things work ok.

EDIT: I probably should have posted this response to this thread: UC 2016 agenda/schedule webpage ... whoops...

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Even though my steps were slightly different because my esri.com and ArcGIS Online account are different, that does seem to help.  If I'm logged into geonet (the "double" log-in), which is the account that is assuciated with myEsri and myUC, I can now use the agenda link in MyUC or the   https://uc.schedule.esri.com/    link you have above, and it does show me as logged in.  Also sooooo much faster.

So for me, that did solve the problem.

EDIT:  thought I should include this here..   If you have two accounts, one for geonet/myEsri/MyUC and a different one for your ArcGIS Online account...still go thru the AGOL edit profile and saving....but sign in to the account that is associated with your MyUC in all the other places.  Hope that makes sense...but it worked for me.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you haven't tried it for a while, it may be worth trying again.  from UC 2016 agenda/schedule webpage

Speed has increased for those that commented, so worth seeing if that resolved the issue for you.

0 Kudos
ByronFoster2
New Contributor II

Different user but I cannot access the detailed agenda. I have contacted customer support and they had me contact papers@esri.com. They have not replied yet.

This same problem happened in May but no one has contacted me with a resolution. Very frustrating to say the least. If ESRI cannot solve the problem then please come up with a different solution. Just an FYI I can use the app and see the detailed agenda using the same password and account.

0 Kudos