Error 1325. EsriPyFldr is not a valid short file name.

05-12-2016 08:35 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I installed "data interoperability" The extension was already licensed but not installed.

After the installation I saw a difference in the behaviour of ArcMap. The sf did not start (in task manager: not responding).

Anyway I could open a session after many tries.

That was the only session I could open.

(ArcCatalog, Arcgis admin and License manager (arcgis is licensed as single use but LSM holds other concurrent licenses) and PRO gave me the same problem).

Didn't know what to do and I unistalled interoperability as I thought that that was the problem. Still they don't open.

I ve tried to repair arcgis but I get this error

I might have messed up the python folder.

Cannot understand where the problem can be.

Does anyone have a hint?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
PanGIS
by

Hi Dan,

thanks.

do you refer to this?

I've already went through this post but I wasn't sure it would apply to my case as I didn't get the error 1606.

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman

Pan F:

can you open your registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Python<will have some version>\

expand the folder and in the right pane, what is the folder for PythonDir? 

thanks

Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Hi Laurene,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ESRI\Python10.2      ----> PythonDir is in c:\Python27\

here the folder:

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Update:

I did uninstall the ArcGIS_Desktop_BackgroundGP_102.

I might have messed up really badly because now both Python and desktop don't exist anymore... (desktop is still installed, tough)

According to my control panel the only Python version installed is:

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Pan, that isn't Python, that's PythonWin. You should remove that and PyScripter before reinstalling ArcGIS.

PanGIS
by

The solution given by Dan Patterson  did actually give me the chance of removing the software and then reinstall, but the cause that cause the problem was still there and after an exhausting process of trying this and trying that with the Support, the machine was formatted and the problem went finally away.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SaschaFlury1
New Contributor

Hi

we had the same error when installing ArcGIS 10.4.1. Uninstalling 10.3 caused the error.
The cause was a reference to a nonexistent drive (D:\). With a USB stick as a substitute drive D:\ work uninstallation.

The following command created a log file where the error was found:
msiexec / x {9A0BC33A-EAA8-4ED4-8D0C-CB9B42B06D7F} / qb / L * v c: \ temp \ Uninstall.log

A search in the text editor to "EsriPy" was a reference to the wrong drive:
Log: MSI (s) (B8: 28) [13: 12: 34: 081]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding INITIAL_PYDIR property. Its value is 'D:\ EsriPyFld'.

Hope it helps