Geoevent emails

04-06-2016 05:10 AM
AliciaCarnell_Wiltz
New Contributor III

I am having trouble just getting a simple email sent out using Geoevent when a new record gets added to a feature class. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried setting this up before but everytime our server gets restarted it resends the emails. I think I am setting it up wrong.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alicia,

Would you be able to send some screen shots of how you have your Input, Output, and GeoEvent Services set up?

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Any solutions to this?  I have a 'Poll for new feature' set up on a HFS.  I see the input successful, but the Service does not process the input and therefore no output (email).  Seems like this should be easy... 

What am I missing?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tucker,

Some of the Local Government Solutions have instructions on how to set up e-mail notifications with GeoEvent.  Take a look at the below link:

Real-time Problem Notifications - Citizen Problem Reporter | ArcGIS for Local Government 

0 Kudos
ChrisBeyett
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tucker, 

I'll add to Jake's comment with a little more detail into what could be occurring with GeoEvent. The behavior you describe sounds like a error behavior in GeoEvent related to the RabbitMQ platform service. This service facilitates the movement of messages from the inputs, through the services and to the outputs within GeoEvent. It's normally the first thing that is assumed to be wrong when both the GeoEvent Services and Output connectors are not increasing in count. We discovered this error starting at the 10.3.x release, and it has been addressed in the 10.4.x release. The only exception is that we still observe it within some user environments or within AWS environments using the Esri AMI. The latter is due to a internal software conflict within AWS that is very hard to reproduce. Can you tell me what version of GeoEvent you are using, as well as if you see any large error messages in the GeoEvent logs? Normally the GeoEvent logs will contain references to the RabbitMQ service if this is truly the cause. 

-Chris

0 Kudos
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

10.4.1 stack.  It appears to be a larger problem.  I am able to receive Inputs for several services but none of my outputs are working.

0 Kudos
AlexanderBrown5
Occasional Contributor II

Tucker,

This is a very helpful thread to troubleshoot RabbitMQ, it will help you determine if that is part of the issue.

https://community.esri.com/thread/159601 

Regards,

Alex

TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I created a workspace using Safe Software's FME Form that does this. The workspace reads from the Feature Service that is used for the GeoEvent Service. It sends me an email with a weekly count of the number of vehicles in the GeoEvent Service. It's a lot easier to use FME than GeoEvent Server to do this.

I published the workspace to FME Flow (formerly FME Server) and run it in an Automation.

GeoEvent Workspace.PNG

0 Kudos