Displaying alternative 'live' coordinates in the map display using Web AppBuilder

03-22-2016 05:58 AM
deleted-user-SoEVbzgHA9Dw
New Contributor

Hello all.

I am building an application using the Web AppBuilder and I am trying to change the map display coordinates to something other than the default Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere. I think I have the WKIDs I need (not entirely confident about the Geographic Transformation), but this only creates a 'click to get coordinates' function rather than the live cursor coordinates that I would like. Any suggestions for how to enable live cursor coordinates for an alternative coordinate system would be greatly appreciated. I suspect it has something to do with my choice of a geographic transformation, but I am unsure. I am trying to use Vermont State Plane Feet.

Thanks!

Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Dan,

you could always customize the Coordinate widget to show your live cursor update. For example, I have created a customization that shows the current scale. Enhanced Coordinate widget

Instead of showing the scale you might be able to use a mouse over map event Map | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript  to set the innerhtml of that div with the current coordinates.

Tim

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

You will not be able to get live coordinates for any WKIDs other than 102100 or 4326. Live coordinates requires clientside calculation and there is no clientside re-project ability. So if your apps web map is using one standard esri basemaps then the maps WKID is 102100 and you will not be able to display state plane coords. But is your web map uses state plane coords for its basemap then you will be able to display state plane in the live coordinates widget. What Tim is suggesting would involve knowing the exact trig-algebra to do the re-projecting yourself which is beyond me and most people.

deleted-user-SoEVbzgHA9Dw
New Contributor

Thanks Tim and Robert,

I will start with the 'simple' approach that Robert suggests and use a basemap with my desired CRS. I'll post another response if I am still having trouble.

Thanks!

Dan

0 Kudos