Sports Stadium / Google Search Chrome Extension

03-18-2016 06:58 AM
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Hey everybody,

Inspired by this I decided to create my own Google Chrome Extension.

In my extension, whenever you open a new Tab, it will create an interactive leaflet map of a random NFL or MLB stadium. I have included a google search box, which will make it easy to use this as your starting page.

You are also able to add "shortcut buttons" to some of the more popular social web pages (twitter, facebook, gmail...).

If you are a die hard fan of a certain NFL or MLB team, you can always open a new Tab just to your team.

You can find my extension HERE!

If you like it please rate it, share it and let me know what you think

Tim

17 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

This is cool! I think adding a way to mix all stadiums would be cool! or have college teams too!

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

When you choose to show a stadium randomly, it will have choose from both NFL and MLB, is this what you mean?

I am still debating what would be the next most popular places I should add. I assume college football stadiums would be very exciting.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tim, this is awesome! Thanks for sharing. I agree with Rickey on college teams  

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Thanks, I assume Texas A&M should be the first stadium I should add?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Wait, you can program AND you can read minds?!?

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I think Oregon State should be First!

What about a way to select what type of sport you want to see.

Example: I would love to see football and soccer but not MLB.

TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I like that idea. I will probably use checkboxes where you can choose which sports to use.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Yes, both the ESRI Germany and UK used a different approach (a feature service) to get their "random point".

0 Kudos