WAB 1.3 Issues-LocalLayer and LayerList

02-19-2016 07:26 AM
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II

I am relatively new to WAB.  I have had a couple issues that I worked through with the help of several from the GeoNet community.  My latest issue is (again) the LocalLayer widget and how things show up (or not) in the LayerList.

I have made the proper changes to the LocalLayer widget (mentioned in this thread: Group layers using layerlist widget  )   I "had" the app working properly.  When I most recently when in, I am now seeing only part of my map layers/services listed in the LayerList even though when I edit the LocalLayer widget settings, the map services show in the configuration.

One thing I have noticed in the configs file for the widget - after I added some layers, there were many layer id's listed in the "hidelayers" portion.  It looks like the id's correspond to layers that are turned off in the map service.

Anyone have ideas on how these items could have disappeared?

Thanks for your time.

Eric V

Gurnee, IL

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

It sounds like you are running into the issue/bug with WAB 1.3 restoring Layer/sub layer visibility based on the saved app state. See this thread for the workaround to disable app state saves:

Re: How to turn off new "auto saved map extent and layer visibility" in Nov 2015 update?

EricVenden

Thanks for the tip Robert,

I have commented out lines 94-96 in BOTH my app and the "default" MapManager file.  I cleared browser cache, exited out of WAB, etc.  I am still seeing the issue of layers not appearing in the Layer List.  Was there a "limit" to the number of nested sublayers in a map service?

I also am having issues with the "order" of the layer list.  The order that is shown in the LocalLayer configuration is not matching the list in the LayerList widget.

Has anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks for your time.

Eric V

Gurnee, IL

0 Kudos
EricVenden

It appears that there is an issue with the number of sublayer groups.  I have sublayers a couple "layers deep" in a couple map services.  I remember this being an issue in VERY early releases of the FlexViewer as well.

Has anyone found a workaround for this?

Thanks

Eric

0 Kudos
EricVenden

Here's a screenshot of 1 map service that is not displaying properly with groups.

MapService.PNG

0 Kudos