Using a field as a value in GeoEvent filter

Jump to solution
11-30-2015 01:04 AM
ElliottCarson
New Contributor III

Can anyone suggest how I might go about using a Field instead of a Value when creating a filter in the GeoEvent filter properties dialog?

I've successfully added static values to the Value box, however I would like the processor to check dynamically on the current date minus an hour.

Any suggestion that would solve my dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Elliott

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

Elliot,

There should be a 'Field' tab right besides the 'Value' tab but that is missing in your attached image? On my system the Field tab is present.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
IrfanClemson
Occasional Contributor II

Elliot,

There should be a 'Field' tab right besides the 'Value' tab but that is missing in your attached image? On my system the Field tab is present.

0 Kudos
ElliottCarson
New Contributor III

Thanks Meengla,

Identifying the definition in the drop down, initiated the Field tab to click on.

Also note that when comparing dates in a filter, I could only get them to work if I converted them to epoch values via a field calculator process before hand.

Regards,

Elliott

0 Kudos
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Elliott -

Creating a filter expression to compare two date values is difficult. The product team has an issue open in the product backlog to address this. For now, as you suggest, you could use a Field Calculator to "cast" the date/time from an event's Date field to a field whose type is Long, and then use a Filter to compare two long integer (epoch millisecond) values. You could also use date/time algebra notation supported by filter expressions ... please see the links below.

Hope this information helps -

RJ

See Also:

ElizabethDoran
New Contributor II

Hello-

How do you use the Field Calculator to "cast" the data/time from an event's Data field to a field whose type is Long?

Will the issue with comparing dates be fixed in the next release?

Thanks

0 Kudos