WAB edit widget create point joined to address point

Jump to solution
11-30-2015 12:58 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all,

I have been asked to investigate how to do the following work flow.

A person using the web app created from WAB wants to create a new "incident" point. In that incident point feature class is a field for Physical Address. But they might not know the address in order to type it in. We have the 911 address points in the Web App. So my coworker wants the Incident point to automatically generate the Physical Address from the nearest 911 Address Point - basically a spatial join.

Because we are using this in ArcGIS Online out-of-the-box and I'm not a developer, I told him the best I could do was to label the 911 address point once you are zoomed in and the user will have to type it in themselves after reading the label. Or just delete the Physical Address field because if you have the point location, you have a map and so you might not need the address.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

How about creating a geoprocessing service and plugging it in to the app? After the user drops the incident points, click the geoprocessing widget, which will run the spatial join, reverse geocode, etc. to fill in the physical address?

Not super efficient, but out of the box WAB edit widget is pretty limited in functionality.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ColeAndrews
Occasional Contributor III

How about creating a geoprocessing service and plugging it in to the app? After the user drops the incident points, click the geoprocessing widget, which will run the spatial join, reverse geocode, etc. to fill in the physical address?

Not super efficient, but out of the box WAB edit widget is pretty limited in functionality.

LizDaRos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andrea,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've been trying to do the same thing and I just posted a question, hopefully someone will be able to help and we will be able to accomplish this. Here's my question-

Edit Widget - Auto-populate address field reverse geocode

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Liz,

Nope. If I were going to try anything I was going to try what Cole suggested above. But we are just going to type it in based on the label. Pretty old school!