My hosted app keeps asking me to sign in to AGOL?

11-17-2015 08:04 AM
AaronPrice
New Contributor

My hosted app (built with web app builder and downloaded) keeps asking me to sign in to AGOL? It then doesn't accepted my AGOL username and password. The app references a secure service. Whats the problem?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Have you already looked thru some of the other threads that are ongoing?

How to prevent deployed app from having ArcGIS Online Sign In popup?

Internal ONLY Web Map Sharing Issues

AaronPrice
New Contributor

Thanks Rebecca, that's really helpful. I'll have a look and see if this provides any insights into my problem. I think part of the problem is I'm using the default AGOL basemap. I have the option of referencing another internal basemap. I'll try that.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I wouldn't think that using a default (Esri) basemap would be an issue since those are typically public already .it's usually more of an issue when you use a local/custom  service, so I would be interested to hear if that is the case.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Aaron,

How did you add your secured service? Are your credentials stored with the service or do they require a user to input the credentials each time a user views the service?

If the credentials are not stored with the service in the item details page then you will be prompted for a username and password. Please see the documentation below:

ArcGIS Server web services—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Cheers,

Kelly

0 Kudos