Filtering a sharepoint document library using a arcgis spatial query

07-10-2012 06:01 AM
LisaGralewski
New Contributor
Hi,

I am very new to using both sharepoint and arcGis web parts.

I have a document library which has lat and long positions and an arcGis location column. I have added an arcGIS web part to my sharepoint page and its data source is the document library.

I want to perform a spatial query on the arcGis web part, such that selected documented from the spatial query will dynamically filter a document library webpart which is also on the page - is this possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Lisa
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor

I want to perform a spatial query on the arcGis web part, such that selected documented from the spatial query will dynamically filter a document library webpart which is also on the page - is this possible?

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
This should be possible. In the Interactive Sample SDK for SharePoint, there are two samples that I think you will find particularly helpful:

a. SharePoint Spatial Query under "Query"
b. Show States Demographics under "Web Part Communication"

The first sample shows you how to perform a spatial query on a SharePoint list which, I think, is what you are looking to do. The second sample shows you how to communicate with another Web Part that is on the same page as a ArcGIS Map Web Part.

I hope this will help you get started...

Thanks,
Alagiri
0 Kudos
EPAHUNT1
New Contributor II

Where can I find the " Interactive Sample SDK for SharePoint"? Thanks!

0 Kudos
GarrettMoeller
New Contributor III
Alagiri,
I would like to use the web part communication sample (with the piechart).
However, it is unclear to me what it is using as its source data.

In the code, it is calling to:
QueryTask queryTask = new QueryTask("http://serverapps.esri.com/SDS/databases/Demo/dbo.USStates_Mercator");
Is this a REST service?  I have been seeing QueryTask associated with REST services.

I would like this to be pulling data from the Sharepoint list on my site.
So, when a list-enabled point is selected on the map, the typical info window pops up, but also this piechart in the associated silverlight webpart.  Would it be simply switching the QueryTask out with a CamlQuery?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor
Alagiri,
I would like to use the web part communication sample (with the piechart).
However, it is unclear to me what it is using as its source data.

In the code, it is calling to:
QueryTask queryTask = new QueryTask("http://serverapps.esri.com/SDS/databases/Demo/dbo.USStates_Mercator");
Is this a REST service?  I have been seeing QueryTask associated with REST services.

I would like this to be pulling data from the Sharepoint list on my site.
So, when a list-enabled point is selected on the map, the typical info window pops up, but also this piechart in the associated silverlight webpart.  Would it be simply switching the QueryTask out with a CamlQuery?

Garrett,

The source data that is being used in the Web Part communication sample is a Feature service from a Spatial Data Server (SDS).

As for the approach to pulling the data from a SharePoint list when you are clicking on a corresponding Point from the SP list on the Map, you would be using a CamlQuery for that. There are two samples in the SharePoint SDK that show you how to query a SharePoint list:

1. SharePoint Attribute Query
2. SharePoint Spatial Query

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
Alagiri
0 Kudos