Local Layer widget glitch?

Jump to solution
10-05-2015 02:44 PM
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III

I noticed that when I update a layer in the  local layer widget configuration, by using its interface, all definition expressions for that layer that are in the config_local Layer Widget.json are removed! Did anyone else has this experience? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

OK, I remember now. This was something that Daniel wanted to add so I provided code. It is not a supported configuration option in the widgets UI code so it get overwritten when you use the UI as the UI knows nothing of this code change that was applied to the Widget.js

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

I am don't see where it was ever mentioned that the widget supports definition expressions. There is no code in place in the widget that supports definition expressions. I did see on thread where someone asked if they were supported but both Adam and I failed to respond. I can file this as an enhancement request for a future version though.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

Robert,

I asked that question in the past and you responded (Local Layer Widget ). Your answer enabled me to use defintionexpresions for a layer and they work fine, until I make a modification on that layer. When the modification is done and saved, the definition expressions are removed from json file!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

OK, I remember now. This was something that Daniel wanted to add so I provided code. It is not a supported configuration option in the widgets UI code so it get overwritten when you use the UI as the UI knows nothing of this code change that was applied to the Widget.js

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis

ok. So, I guess I should avoid making changes in the UI, instead do them in code.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Lefteris,

Yes when you have unsupported add in code like that you would be best manually editing the json. Like I said though I will consider adding UI support for this to a future release.

0 Kudos