Annotation leader lines storage

09-23-2015 04:03 AM
MarcusWright
New Contributor

I'm working with a vb project and I want to get data from annotations with their respective leader lines.

Where the leader lines data are stored and how can I access them?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Marcus,

Here's some info on storing annotation:

About creating annotation feature classes—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

If you're having trouble ensuring your leader lines show, try setting your leader tolerance to zero - it resolved an issue with stored annotation not showing leader lines for at least one person:

arcgis desktop - Annotation stored in a database is not showing my leader lines - Geographic Informa...

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, just realized you are asking from a vb perspective. I tried searching the .NET SDK for examples - there are some for labeling - Label map features—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers  and some for adding graphics and text - Add graphics and text—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET | ArcGIS for Developers. However, I couldn't find any reference to annotation and leader lines.

I did some more digging and found an Esri response to a forum posting regarding the iOS SDK - AGSFeatureLayer can't display labels nor annotation feature classes  It doesn't seem to be supported or planned for support. That may just be for iOS...

It seems some other developers have run into issues with using annotation layers...

What is Supported Runtime Content in ArcGIS Desktop 10.3?

0 Kudos