AGOL disable Sync on hosted feature service

12-29-2014 02:46 PM
JamesVaughan
New Contributor II

I am the owner of a hosted feature service and its associated uploaded shapefile in ArcGIS Online, and I have the administrator role in our account.

Recently, I used the "Overwrite" function under "View Item Details" to upload a new zipped shapefile and replace the old contents of the feature service.  The upload went OK and the results are correct, but the feature service now has the "Sync" property enabled, and the associated checkbox under "View Item Details" -> "Edit" is greyed out, so I cannot un-check it.

That means that I can never do the above again, because "Overwrite" is not available for items which have disconnected editing (i.e. Sync) enabled.

Apparently the administrator role (which I have) is necessary to change disconnected editing, but I see nothing under either the feature service details or "My Organization" -> "Edit Settings" that seems to pertain to this.

Does anyone know how I can disable Sync/disconnected editing on the feature service?  I will need to update the feature service again in a few months.

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
2 Replies
simoxu
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

have you checked this thread out?

AGOL replica removal

By my own experience, you don't need to disable Sync. as long as you delete all the replicas you can overwrite the service.

0 Kudos
JamesVaughan
New Contributor II

What I ended up doing was delete the old feature service.  Then, I re-published the underlying data.  I did this at about 2 AM on a Sunday morning so (I hope) hardly anyone noticed.  The newly-created feature service is not sync-enabled.

I think the original cause of the issue was that I edited the feature service in ArcGIS desktop to make some corrections that users were clamoring for.  I will be sure not to make that mistake again.

I am going to go ahead and mark this as "answered", since I was able to make the problem go away (just not in the way I had hoped to do it).

Thanks for your reply and suggestion,

James

0 Kudos