default configuration symbols

08-27-2015 07:06 AM
glennhazelton
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

Two things--

i have just tryed to change the default configuration symbols. so replacing the binoculars with a dot, the red line with blue one, etc.

i can select what i wnat and click the OK to close the options box.. but when i click the OK to save the changes nothing happens.

if i click Cancel it closes the widget configuration but when i re-open it the new colors and symbols have not been saved.

also

i have a few layers that are symbolizing in the mxd and webmap based 'query feature class' aka 'database view'

the symbols look fine in the WAB but if I leave your selection options to use the 'from server' option, i get the binoculars instead of the symbology from the mapservice.

i will experiment by replacing the 'query layer with a featureclass that is joined to the table to see if that option will work.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Timothy....hmm  ​I didn't even really know how to or even think about needing to find the videos from the main geonet help page.  If I was a totally new user and landed here, I'm not sure I would ever see them.  Maybe expand So what's GeoNet?    And have it more front and center in the help page too.  Sorry about taking this off Glenn's topic...we can fork this to another discussion if you want.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

before you all go to a new location..

one more question.

often i will go to Robert's esearch goenet location and be at the first page.

he as about 24 or 25 pages at this point.

is there a way to go to the end quickly?

what i am doing now is finding the lastest response i have and using that to get me close to the end.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Glenn,

Unfortunately no on comments there is not a link like in discussions for "Last Reply" and there is no last page button.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

one way I have found is​ to look at the number of replies, then in the address box you can specify the response you would like to go to..so for example, there are currently 621 or so responses....to jump near the end (don't necessarily want the last) you can specify the start number....I'll see if I can get this text to copy....

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731#start=25

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731#start=600

the <#>start=<number>  will jump to that page.   Post/comment

for this blog, the number of responses is listed under Robert's post.  For some "discussions" this is listed at the top of the page.   Sorry, I'm on my iPad, so not easy to give a snapshot right now.

Timothy Hales​   Maybe something else you can add in help

edited.

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Modifying the URL is the best option. The reason only a a few page of content or replies shows at a single time is because of performance considerations. Jive limits this because everyone has different permissions and therefore see different content.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Timothy, I just meant you can add info on how to skip like this, using the URL "start" option on one of the help pages.  Not many will see this thread  Just a suggestion.

0 Kudos
glennhazelton

robert

i feel a bit dumb

i figured out what was going on

i had a url for searching which was pointed a different mapservice than the one being displayed on the map.

so of course it couldn't use the symbology and thus the binoculars showed up.

fyi

esri database views work just fine.

sorry to use your time with this.