AGOL :: Routing to predefined destinations

Jump to solution
07-07-2015 01:58 AM
MiguelGonzález
New Contributor III

Hi everybody,

I wonder if it is possible to publish a route widget in a web application (prepared with WebAppBuilder) with predefined destinations.

I.e. the user can choose between two or three locations from a list as destinations and only is able to change the starting point individually.

Or: I could provide a point feature class. Is it possible to include a "go to" in the features' pop up? This would open the routing-dialog with the feature location as destination, the user can enter the starting position (or her/his position from GPS) and receives the routing description...

Anyone with an idea?

Thanks in advance!

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MiguelGonzález
New Contributor III

For those of you, struggling with the same issue...

Finally, Stefan Arndt (ESRI Germany) presented a very easy way to handle this (thanks for that!):

You need to add a point layer with the predefined locations to your webmap (nice: you can even conigure your popup dialogue - it will be available later on. On the other hand, you do not need to configure a symbol since this solution will overwrite any configuration, here).

Subsequently, you publish your webmap as web app. In that process, do not switch to the web app builder, but search the prepared templates. There you find a direction template ("Wegbeschreibung" in German). This does exactly what I was looking for...

Only, you are not able to print your route out of the box. Therefore, you would need to use a custom template from Matt Driscoll (driskull/print-directions · GitHub) as pointed out from Kelly Hutchins (https://community.esri.com/thread/139659). Hopefully, his solution finds its way into the standard directions template soon.

Cheers,

Simon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MiguelGonzález
New Contributor III

For those of you, struggling with the same issue...

Finally, Stefan Arndt (ESRI Germany) presented a very easy way to handle this (thanks for that!):

You need to add a point layer with the predefined locations to your webmap (nice: you can even conigure your popup dialogue - it will be available later on. On the other hand, you do not need to configure a symbol since this solution will overwrite any configuration, here).

Subsequently, you publish your webmap as web app. In that process, do not switch to the web app builder, but search the prepared templates. There you find a direction template ("Wegbeschreibung" in German). This does exactly what I was looking for...

Only, you are not able to print your route out of the box. Therefore, you would need to use a custom template from Matt Driscoll (driskull/print-directions · GitHub) as pointed out from Kelly Hutchins (https://community.esri.com/thread/139659). Hopefully, his solution finds its way into the standard directions template soon.

Cheers,

Simon

0 Kudos