Caption description web links failing to save in Story Map

Jump to solution
03-23-2015 08:49 AM
NewingtonConnecticut
New Contributor II

I am trying to add web links in the caption descriptions of my story map. It allows me to initially add it and successfully save, but as I add others, it fails and seems to add a "tabindex =-1" command to my html string. The error message is "Save failed due to an invalid html tag in a name or description". When I remove this, it saves fine, but it returns automatically and then fails again. Why does it behave this way? How can I get it to permanently not add this command? Is there another way to add web links to my caption descriptions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

The fix has been deployed to ArcGIS Online. Sorry again about the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Sorry about the issue. This is a regression that has been introduced with last release, we are going to try to fix it later this week in ArcGIS Online. I will keep track of the fix here Impossible to save link in point title/description when using a Feature Service · Issue #35 · Esri/m...

The issue should be fixed later this week but in the meantime, the workaround is to manually remove those tabindex properties before saving the tour. If your tour does not contains many links this may be an acceptable solution.

Otherwise note that if you are not using Feature Service, like if importing pictures from Flickr (or the other options) you won't be affected.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

The fix has been deployed to ArcGIS Online. Sorry again about the issue.

0 Kudos
MadeleineMorgan
New Contributor II

I'm still having this issue with the same error message, but the "tabindex" command is not added.  I get the "Save failed due to an invalid html tag in a name or description" error message regardless of syntax. 

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

I believe, you opened the following thread Re: Caption description fails to save with web links in which I just replied. Let me know if this is a separate issue.

0 Kudos