Change position of simple zoom slider

Jump to solution
07-10-2015 06:54 AM
NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

I would like to adjust the position and appearance of the +/- zoom tool in my application.   I wanted to adjust the height of the header controller (make it thicker).  I have managed to adjust the position of the geocoding widget (to move it down to account for the thicker header controller). This positional reference is found in the config.json.  Then I started looking for the +/-zoom slider.  I'm missing something....Can't seem to find the positional reference for the simple zoom slider.  When I inspect this element in Chrome it is referred to as a div entitled "map_zoom_slider". So, maybe its not an exposed widget whose style and position can be customized (?).  Is the zoom slider inherited from the AGOL web map, or perhaps I still haven't found the right file to manipulate.  I'm speculating.....so its time to ask the experts.......Any suggestions or workarounds are appreciated....

thanks!

-Nick   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

You can adjust the simpleslider by changing the css. Go to "[install location]\server\apps\[App#]\jimu.js\css\jimu.css and find this:

.esriSimpleSliderTL{
  top: 5px;
  left: 7px;
  border: 0px solid #666;
  background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
}

And just adjust the top property to your liking.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

You can adjust the simpleslider by changing the css. Go to "[install location]\server\apps\[App#]\jimu.js\css\jimu.css and find this:

.esriSimpleSliderTL{
  top: 5px;
  left: 7px;
  border: 0px solid #666;
  background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3);
}

And just adjust the top property to your liking.

NickHarvey
Occasional Contributor II

That worked - Thanks Robert!

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu
Occasional Contributor III

Use .esriSimpleSliderTL to adjust zoom slider position is the correct way in old version. In the latest release, you should change position in app widget config because we have created a ZoomSlider widget.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Junshan, it there an anticipated release date yet?