What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Daniel,

The Shapefile widget that I put out will be more on line with all the capabilities of my Flex Version (much more feature rich).

0 Kudos
ChrisSergent
Regular Contributor III

Do you think a map pages widget could be created?

And what about a print map with overview displaying on the printout?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

I am not sure about a map pages/map book widget... Right now I can not even picture the coding workflow. A print with an overview is more of a custom print layout and would not require a specific widget.

0 Kudos
RELAdmin
New Contributor III

Is there a way to modify the later list widget so layers can be group, and turned on and off as a group instead of individually? This would be very useful for utility maps.

~Phil

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Phil,

People have been wanting that for years now (back in Flex and now) and the issue is very complicated from a developers stand point. Back in Flex someone came out with a grouped TOC but it was actually multiple tocs which worked but was not good practice programming wise and was a big memory drain.

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger
Occasional Contributor III

I have 2 items on my wish list right now.  A replacement for the Flex Aloha Widget and the Flex Address Inspector Widget.

0 Kudos
DavidJenkins
New Contributor III

Better filtering / querying widget would be awesome.  A widget that would allow the end user to "build" their own query against the data would be ideal but maybe not realistic.  So in lieu of the ideal option, here are my takes on improving the current query widget:

1. allow end users to toggle (and / or) between expressions of a task
  2. allow end users to modify the conditional properties of individual expressions within a task (e.g. from "is" to "contains" or from "is greater than" to "is less than")
  3. When using "Ask for values" of a column with "Unique", have an blank option even if it does not exist in the column OR at least allow the end user to ignore (check box?) individual expressions when needed.
  4. Setting the data source in the widget ignores the layer properties set in the AGOL Map rather than inherit those properties such as what columns are available, and aliases.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm working on this, if I'm tracking. Are you basically looking for Selection Widget Updated Version  ?

Kevin Custom WAB Widgets

0 Kudos
DavidJenkins
New Contributor III

Kevin,

I've haven't used the widget you linked but it appears to have the functionality (and more) I've been looking for but since the application link to the widget is broken, I cannot test it.  However, the link is to a flex widget and I need WAB widget.  I assume your developing for WAB.

Thanks and please keep me up to date on your progress.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

AGS JSAPI App

Yes I'm porting to WAB.