auto updating location widget

Jump to solution
06-22-2015 04:45 PM
Dan_Hennessy
New Contributor II

I was wondering if anyone knew of a  custom built  auto updating location widget? I'm envisioning it being used on smartphones that automatically updates the user's location every few seconds. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

The MyLocation widget allows for this type of GPS interaction. See this thread where I explain how to enable tracking:

Geolocate

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

The MyLocation widget allows for this type of GPS interaction. See this thread where I explain how to enable tracking:

Geolocate

Dan_Hennessy
New Contributor II

Thanks for the help. It worked well. Is there and easy way to change the code so the location updates faster?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

I am not finding anything that says that the interval that the browser collects the location can be changed.

I am glad to help. Now it is your turn to help the community by marking this question as answered. All you have to do is click the "Correct Answer" link (the one with the little green star) on the post that provided the answer for you. If the answer was not provided by one of the responders then you can mark any of the replies that you received as helpful by clicking on the "Actions" menu and choosing "Mark as Helpful"

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Dan,

I have not tested this, but does changing the parameter "timeout": 15000 in the config file to a smaller number make any difference? Just a thought.

-Stan

Dan_Hennessy
New Contributor II

Stan,

I tried changing the timeout from 15000 down to 1000, then again down to 300. It seems to increase the refresh rate quite a bit. It still takes several seconds to refresh but it is better than before ( waiting about 15- 20 seconds to refresh). Changing the Timeout to 300 has put the refresh rate down to about every 5-10 seconds. 

Dan