Performing "Connect Origins to Destinations for many to many" analysis in GIS online?

06-16-2015 02:07 PM
SaeidSS
New Contributor

Hi ,

I have 500 origins and 650 destinations. I would like to create an OD matrix for my data in GIS online. I just noticed that " Connect Origin to Destination" function in GIS online provides just two options:

OD matrix for :

- one origin to many destinations

- many origins to many destinations while the number of origins and destinations are equal

I am looking for a third option that would be connecting many origin to many destinations while the number of origins and destinations are not equal.

Do you have any idea how I can perform such analysis online?

Thanks,

Saeid

2 Replies
ChelseaMcIver
New Contributor

I am also having this problem.  I was able to conduct this analysis back in June by connecting the two datasets with an ID field.  However, as you mention, the tool now requires either a one to many or many to many relationship with identical number of records.  I am also having trouble creating feature layers from csv files that create far more features than there are records further complicating the matter.

chelsea

0 Kudos
SeanO_Boyle
New Contributor III

Did ESRI ever come up with a solution to this problem as I'm also encountering it?

0 Kudos