Installation problems with HEC-GeoHMS

05-11-2012 08:46 AM
Labels (1)
FaidessMwale
New Contributor
Hie,

I want to install HEC-GEOHMS 5.0. I use arcmap 9.3.1. and am using windows 7. I uninstalled everything related to archydro 1.3 which I had earlier on. Unfortunately, I get an error which says

"An incorrect version of ApFramework9 was found on the system. HEC-GEOHMS requires ApFramework9 version 3.1.1.103......."

But I have searched all folders, I have no Apframework9 anywhere and nothing related to archydro. Anything am doing wrong? Is there another way to find where ApFramework9 could be hiding?

Thank you
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Faidess,

ESRI provides the ESRI.APWR.AppRegWork utility to clean up residual Water Resource components like AppFramework.

The program ESRI.APWR.ApRegWork.exe, is available from the ESRI run community FTP portal

ftp://RiverHydraulics:river%2E1114@ftp.esri.com/ApRegwork/ApRegWork/

It is an intuitive utility to use, but instructions for its use and other installation and configuration details are provided in the ReadmeMMDDYYYY.doc file for download from the root of the FTP site.

While connected to the site, I suggest you download the 5.0.0.72 release of HEC GeoHMS from the /HECGeoHMS/Setup9.3.1/5.0.0.72/ directory. Once you've used the AppRegWork utility to clear out residual assemblies, go ahead and install that package--it will install the correct AppFramework, ArcHydro and GeoHMS for use with ArcGIS 9.3.1.

Stuart
0 Kudos
FaidessMwale
New Contributor
Stuart,

Thank you very much.

When I type in ftp://ftp.esri.com, I get a page with only one folder called 'pub'. (see attached) and when i click the folder, I get 4 folders which are all empty except 1 and they are all irrelevant.

However, when do the same on my laptop everything  works fine but I cannot load HECGeo HMS on the laptop. I need it on my desktop where I have access to GIS.  I have been able to get the instructions from 'readme' and i have cleaned the system but I cannot download HECGeoHMS as it does not appear. I dont want to download it from other sources other than esri

Any suggestion as to why other directories do not appear?

Once again, thank you very much

Fai
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Try entering the ftp address into Windows Explorer, not Internet Explorer.

Open a folder on your computer and type in (or copy/paste) the ftp address into that. You will get a view of the folders.
0 Kudos
FaidessMwale
New Contributor
Mark,

It works out to be the same (attached). I still get one folder named pub
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Faidess,

You may prefer to install a proper ftp client application, I prefer FileZilla current release is v 3.5.3.

If you choose that--Install it, and from File --> Site Manager, create a site as in the attached image.  You'll find you can navigate the ftp server with ease at that point.

Stuart
0 Kudos
FaidessMwale
New Contributor
Hie,

The FireZilla worked quite perfectly. Thank you so much. However, the smile faded as quickly as it had appeared. While installing, I got another message that there is a previous version of XML-Data Exchange on the system and I need to uninstall it from the control panel. But i have no XML Data exchange in the installed programs. Everything was uninstalled. What I have is MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688), which according to ESRI is a prerequisite for the installation of XML - Data Exchange.

In search of XML Data Exchange, I went back to ESRI. APWR.ApRegWork.exe and cleaned ApUniqueIDMgr and ApUtilsNet (I hope I have not gone too far) but to no avail.

Still waiting for a miracle.
Fai
0 Kudos
FaidessMwale
New Contributor
Hie,

After long hours of trying, I got it!

I went back to the APWR.ApRegWork.exe  and typed WATERUTILITIES in  the Searching text. It worked.

Thanks for all the earlier suggestions
0 Kudos
hurairamajeed
New Contributor
Hi,
Please i'm having issues installing Hec-GeoRAS_431_SETUP. i'm using Arcgis 9.3. the issue is that its having error installing the assembly component of Apframework9, saying it can not register the component of Apframework93.1.0.105. and i have to install it before installing the HEC-GeoRas. please what should i do?

Thanks
Huraira.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I know the installation file for HEC-GeoHMS from the HEC website includes the ApFramework installation for the ArcMap 10.0. I don't know if their installation file for 9.3 includes ApFramework for 9.3.

So, if you haven't done so, download the 9.3 version of GeoRAS from the HEC website (http://www.hec.usace.army.mil/software/hec-georas/downloads.aspx) and try to install that. You will likely have to uninstall ApFramework and others before you install the HEC site version.

If that doesn't work, you might try the ESRI River Hydrauilics FTP site. This Forum has the web address, username and password. http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/82087-New-password-for-Arc-Hydro-ftp-site?p=289075&viewfull=1#post2....  Open the folders until you see ApFramework. In there I see a folder named "Setup9.3_9.3.1". That might be what you need.
0 Kudos