Editing Related Tables in Collector

02-04-2015 07:13 AM
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Anybody editing related tables in Collector?  The feature was just released in Collector for Android.  I'm still waiting for it to be released for iPad before I make any changes to the schema I have set up in my web maps.  I'm curious if anyone is using this feature and how they have it setup.  Is it seamless to access and edit the related tables?  Is it cumbersome or confusing for collector users?  Are many to many relationships possible?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
40 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The related table support for Portal is currently not present and will be coming in the next Portal update. Feature to Feature relationships will work in Portal but the Feature to Table support will come in the next update.

Russ

RyanDay
New Contributor III

OK.  To clarify, related tables in collector are currently only available via ArcGIS Online 'hosted' feature services then?

The other options being:

• ArcGIS Portal hosted feature services,
  • ArcGIS Server Feature Service connected via Portal
  • ArcGIS Server Feature Service connected via ArcGIS Online

Do you know what patch or release date this will be available?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The reason Portal related table support is not present is due to the web map authoring experience is slightly behind the AGOL map authoring experience. The Portal map author cannot enable related table popups on the table right now in their 10.3 release but will be there in Portal 10.3.1.

ArcGIS Server feature services and ArcGIS Online hosted feature services both support related tables and being used in Collector, the app just requires a popup enabled on the table.

I do not have an exact date for the next release but I will check with the Portal team and update this thread.

RyanDay
New Contributor III

Thanks for the information.

I was able to point an ArcGIS Online instance to my internal AGS and get the enable popups for my related tables to show up.  Although I do seem to be getting crashes when I go to 'Show details' of a saved feature, I think as Matt McGuire was saying earlier.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share your map with Collector4ArcGIS and I can see if I can reproduce the crash.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
MattMcGuire
Occasional Contributor

See my response to myself above - I am getting the crashes only when trying to directly edit an ArcGIS Server feature service which requires a login.

RyanDay
New Contributor III

Yea, I was about to respond...

After changing AGS feature service to public access, the crashing disappears @ 'Show Details'.

Just about to test your second point about embedding user/pass.

Using a feature layer... 'link?' that embeds user/pass and connects to an internal service worked for me as well. 

Only crashed when the map had a direct link to my tokenized AGS feature service.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Hey Matt,

I can repro your issue and we are looking into it.

Russ

EricGardecki
Occasional Contributor

Russell,

What is the status with this?

I was eagerly awaiting Portal 10.3.1 so I could make use of related records in Collector but now Collector crashes every single time I try to view the details of a feature that has related records.

The same happens on both Portal and AGOL when adding a linked feature service from Server, but does NOT happen when using a hosted feature service on AGOL.

I've tried republishing the services, recreating the maps, recreating the popups, reinstalling Collector, and rebooting my device but nothing changes.  Collector crashes every time I open the details of a feature with related records.

0 Kudos
NilsBabel
Occasional Contributor II

Sounds like your problem might be related to a bug in collector.  Check this and see if it sounds familiar:  Collector shuts down on ipad ios 10.3 when I submit a location. has to be restarted.

A fix for it is supposed to be out by the end of the month but I haven't heard anything yet.

0 Kudos