Parts of raster disappear

05-12-2015 08:09 AM
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

I am cross posting this here because i was recommended to do so.

Set up:

I have created a raster mosaic in ArcGIS 10.2.2 of georeferenced  .tif aerial photographs. size is about 9.5 Gigs uncompressed, and the tif's are 1 band,16 bit that I converted from MrSIDs in ArcMap. I have defined and built overviews, created pyramids and stats, seamlines and blended along the seamline for mosaic method. This is everything that I normally do to make a Raster Mosaic in a fgdb and never had this issue before.

so here is my question:

When I'm at full extent the image is fine, as I zoom in parts of the raster disappear(not checkerboard-ing just white background) and as I move the image different parts will appear or disappear. The pattern changes depending on which mosaicking method I select. I have found a work around but I would rather not lose any data by exporting the mosaic as new raster. Any suggestions or possible solutions?

Please see the linked original post for some solutions that i have already tried.

Thank you in advance

Will

Parts of raster disappear

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi William, rather than cross posting this question (Parts of raster disappear ), you can click share or move in the right hand column. Thanks!

0 Kudos
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

sorry, is it ok the way it is or do i need to fix it?

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Well, I would advise moving the original and deleting this one. That way other people will know what's already been suggested, and you won't be chasing your tail.

0 Kudos
WilliamIsaacs
New Contributor III

I would love to delete this post but I haven't been able to find the delete option....

0 Kudos