Feature service Int64 or Long Integer support

04-19-2012 11:02 AM
HugoCardenas
New Contributor
Does a feature service support Int64 or "Long Integer" data type?

I have a feature service for a point layer which exposes the Int64 field types as standard integers or Int32.  The feature class in ArcSDE is defined as a "Long Integer" for some fields or Int64; however, the feature service "serves" this layer changing the "Long Integer" fields to "esriFieldTypeInteger" or Int32 (cf. code below):

DeviceId (Type: esriFieldTypeInteger, Alias: DeviceId, Editable: True)
DcomId (Type: esriFieldTypeInteger, Alias: DcomId, Editable: True)

The problems is that when I add new features at run-time, these new features contain these Int64 fields filled from our database ("bigint" in MSSQL).  I have to convert these field values to Int32 for the feature service.  The feature service expects an Int32 value, although the ArcSDE feature class is of type "Long Integer" or Int64.  For now it is ok, for our device ids range is within the Int32 range; but soon, we will have problems, for our device ids will go beyond the Int32 range.

What can I do to have the feature service expose these "Long Integer" columns as Int64, rather than Int32?  Changing these fields to Type "double" is not an option.

Thanks!
Hugo.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor
Since your service metadata is where the problem is, I suggest you post this in the server forums.
0 Kudos