How to get popup with layer attributes to display after using address search/geocoder widget?

03-10-2015 04:30 PM
LaurenLedesma1
New Contributor II

Using Web AppBuilder ArcGIS online.

I want to let my user(s) enter an address on the "Geocoder Widget" and have an automatic popup that displays. I know how to configure the content of the popup. I know I can change the Geocoder to search for specific features/attributes.

Example: I have three school boundaries (High School districts, Middle School Districts, and Elementary School Districts) that overlap each other. I want to create an app that lets someone Enter their address and it spits out their neighborhood HS, MS, and ES (I will be adding driving directions and descriptions of the schools in the pop up).

Tags (1)
4 Replies
EmilyLaMunyon
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Did you ever find a solution to this? I would love to be able to customize the popup that appears when using the search address option/geocoder in the Simple Viewer template in ArcGIS Online to include dynamic/custom information. I have downloaded the code and have tried to find where to tweak it, but am having no luck. I am also open to using the Web App builder or any other ArcGIS Online template in order to achieve this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

LaurenLedesma1
New Contributor II

I started using Information Lookup, it WOULD be perfect but when you designate something as a "lookup Layer" and see the pop up, it breaks any URLS you have. I had image URLs and websites in my attribute table for the pop up display and they are broken. I have logged a bug with Esri, but it still isn't fixed.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Here is a question I had earlier that may help you in modifying the code to get the fields you need. At least this is a start and hopefully get you in the right direction.

WAB Geocode Widget Composite Locator

-Stan

LaurenLedesma1
New Contributor II

First, that is a great reply. If I was looking for something to automatically just display attributes, this would be an ingenious work around. I never would have thought about manipulating the geocoder itself.

But because this is for public consumption I want it to look more "pretty". I have my pop up configured to display all the information/images nicely. I really want to use the custom pop up.

But I think if someone wanted an auto pop up with attributes, this would be a perfect answer.