License issue, any way around this?

Jump to solution
04-09-2015 01:26 PM
ChrisBrannin
Occasional Contributor

I am going through and adding fields to featureclasses when I came across this error. We have 2 licenses (Standard/Basic) and on the basic level I get the error and on the Standard level it runs just fine. I am wondering if there is any way around this without upgrading or having to switch licenses just to run my script. I am also worried that by running this with the standard license that I will not be able to ever run it with the basic. I understand the obvious answer is to upgrade but I thought I would see what some other options are.

ExecuteError: ERROR 999999: Error executing function.

The application is not licensed to create or modify schema for this type of data

Failed to execute (AddField).

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
16 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

After reading through all the post, I am wondering if you may have attachments or a relationship class defined on the featureclass. This will require a standard license to change the schema (like,add a field).

ChrisBrannin
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to tell if there is a relationship class attached to it?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
ChrisBrannin
Occasional Contributor

This was the issue. We use annotation layers and sure enough there is a relationshipclass on the file it errored on. Thank you, and everyone else for the great help on this.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

As far as I know, you can not modify FGDB with Basic license. Here are the two workarounds.

1) Upgrade to at least standard license (You don't want it).

2) Export the feature classes in FGDB to PGDB/Shapefiles using the Standard license that you have. Then, you can modify the PGDB/Shapefiles.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

You can definitely add a field to a FGDB with basic license. I do it all the time.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

I wonder if the error is something else altogether? Can you post your script?

0 Kudos