configure app button missing

Jump to solution
03-19-2015 08:13 AM
TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

I used the tabbed story map template to create a story map hosted on ArcGIS Online.  To enable a coworker to edit the app, I changed ownership to him (I am the administrator).  Since I have done that, the "configure app" button is missing - neither him nor I have the button.  It doesn't come back if I take ownership back, either.  The same time, I also gave my coworker ownership of a gallery app and we are both still able to configure that app.

My questions:

1) What happened to the "configure app" button?  Is the missing "configure app" button an unresolved bug, or is there something I'm missing?

2) What is the best way to enable more than one person to edit a web app.  Do I need to change the ownership?  (I did make it part of a group, but it didn't appear that my coworker, also part of that group, could edit it without being the owner.  His organization role is set as "publisher".)

Thank you,

Tiffany

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Sorry about your issue, this will be fixed in ArcGIS Online tonight (it was not StoryMaps specific as pointed out).

The configure button will unfortunately not reappear on those items, but you can make it reappear.

If you open the application as a regular user when you are signed-in in ArcGIS Online, an Edit button will be displayed in the header. Make one change in the builder and save the application and the configure button will reappear.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you referring to our new Map Series app using the tabbed template. That one includes a full interactive builder and looks like this:

http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/2015/celebrating-a-world-of-cheese/

Or are you referring to the recently retired text and legend template:

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/StorytellingTextLegend/index.html?appid=c72ce2ec4eec4da6935423d04a2ab0ed

0 Kudos
TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

I'm referring to the new Map Series app using the tabbed template.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Tiffany we have experienced the same issue...the Configure App button is available initially and then disappears.  Had the same issue with the Geoform Application yesterday as well...unable to replicate the problem however.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

Sorry about your issue, this will be fixed in ArcGIS Online tonight (it was not StoryMaps specific as pointed out).

The configure button will unfortunately not reappear on those items, but you can make it reappear.

If you open the application as a regular user when you are signed-in in ArcGIS Online, an Edit button will be displayed in the header. Make one change in the builder and save the application and the configure button will reappear.

0 Kudos
TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

Hi,

The Edit button appeared in builder as you described.  I made a couple of edits, saved them, and the configure button did appear.  However, now when I click the configure button or try to view the app, I get the following error "An error has occurred, Invalid configuration."  The only changes I made were to remove a few uploaded pictures from the App and add them back in with a link from a URL (and the link is still valid).

Thanks,

Tiffany

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi, sorry about that, not sure if it's related. Could you share a link to your app?

0 Kudos
TiffanyStram
New Contributor III

Bizarre - now it's working!  Thanks for your help!

Tiffany

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Glad to hear, you are welcome.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi,

I appear to be having the same issue. I am the owner of a web app that I made using WAB, and I used to be able to click "Edit Application", which was right under the "View Application" button on the item overview page. However, recently I noticed the button is longer longer there, and there are only options to view, download, and share the application. 

It seems to only be this one application giving me trouble. I have built dozens of web apps using WAB and I am still able to edit those without trouble. 

Could this issue be related to the issue the OP was having? Is this a known bug in ArcGIS Online?

Thanks!!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos