Where is the ArcSDE Command Line Tool Located?

03-13-2015 08:25 AM
MatthewLinker
New Contributor

What I need to do is register several spatial views with ArcSDE, and all of the documentation I have come across on the ERSI sites say to do this through ArcSDE Administration command. However I have no interface for this, I have even tried other vendor C compilers but they do not work.

Someone shouldn't have to search the heaps of unorganized ERSI webpages for hours trying to find an answer, very frustrating.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Maybe this discussion can help?

Creating views in SDE 10.3

AndySmith
Esri Contributor

Hi Matthew,

The SDE command line tools have been deprecated at 10.3 and replaced by geoprocessing tools instead (this has been happening since 10.1). This chnag eis discusse din the following blog:

Where is the install for ArcSDE 10.3? | Support Services Blog

The following help page discusses how to use these geoprocessing tools to carry out administration commands:

Migrate from ArcSDE administration commands—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

JasonTipton
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, I had a similar question SDE DB Tune. All the documentation on DB Tune was using the sde utiltiy. I was surprised to see this in 10.2 documentation.

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

However, to answer the question..till 10.2.2, you can download the SDE setup from the My Esri website ( Esri Accounts ) and use that to create a new view or Register existing views.