Scroll wheel doesn't zoom embedded map

03-12-2015 09:57 AM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Edited because I found my solution:

I'm trying to create a simple website with an embedded ArcGIS online map and scroll wheel zooming doesn't work. To test this out I created a very simple html file that contains only the arcgisonline iframe but it does not work as I would like. What am I missing?

Solution:

Based on this thread adding the following parameter at the end of my map source URL fixed it for me:

&disable_scroll=false

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II

Robert -

I've been experiencing the same issue and tride adding that parameter to the end of my URL, but mouse-wheel scrolling still doesn't work.  Can you post a link to the URL you used?  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

0 Kudos
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Brett,

I don't have anything up for viewing right now, my project is still a work in progress. Based on my notes this was the iframe code I was using:

<iframe width="950" height="550" frameborder="0" scrolling="yes" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="WebMapURL&amp;disable_scroll=false"></iframe>

I'm actually going to use a web app instead, which doesn't require this. Give it a try if you have a named user account.

0 Kudos
BrettGreenfield__DNR_
Occasional Contributor II

Actually I figured it out - I tried adding the &amp;disable_scroll=false directly to the URL in my Chrome browser.  If you're adding a parameter straight to the URL in the browser, the "amp;" part needs to be left out, so it should simply read &disable_scroll=false.

Stupid mistake on my part - should have been obvious!  Thanks for the quick followup.

0 Kudos