Setting URL parameters for Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

02-19-2015 06:50 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I want to create a number of links which allow users to click on it, then opens Web AppBuilder at a centered location and certain zoom level. I have used the following link (Use URL parameters—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS ) which describes how to do this with a web map, but for some reason it wont allow me to do the same for a web app.

The current way I am structuring the URL is by putting this - &center=-6.653,54.346&level=17 - at the end of the link of the web app but it doesn't seem to work.

All suggestions welcome!

Finbar

0 Kudos
9 Replies
LisCollins
Occasional Contributor

I think you're going to have to download the web app builder and manually code it in yourself for web app builder.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

and if you do that, this link look promising and may help URL widget (extent tracking...)  Not exactly what you are wanting, but probably could be adapted.... until the 3.7 version is released (as mention by Jianxia Song

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Finbar,

URL parameters support will be added in Web AppBuilder online 3.7 release. You can specify the configuration file, web map, centering coordinates, initial extent and map's zoom scale or zoom level.

Thanks,

Jianxia

MeganNehrbas
New Contributor II

When can we expect this release?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

The planned release is late next week. Recommend checking AGOL on Thursday (2/26).

berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a document describing the proper use and format of the URL parameters for the Web AppBuilder online?

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Jianxia Song.  Now what we need are some widgets to make use of these URL parameters such as "Share current map view"

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank Bernie for the feedback, we’ll take it under advisement.

0 Kudos