Can no longer publish map services

Jump to solution
01-26-2015 09:55 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

We've had a 10.2 AGS implementation for a good year+ and just the other day I attempted to repath the "jobs" folder to a new shared location.  Got an error and had to revert.  I also tried to publish to our 10.2 server from a 10.3 MXD.  In any event, after those couple things, I've not been able to publish anything to that 10.2 cluster.

In the MXD I can "share as" then the initial dialog comes up asking where I want to publish... I choose the AGS server I want... then it asks for a folder.  I enter that.  Then, that dialog goes away and a new publish dialog should appear.  The one with the parameters, pooling, capabilities, etc... That never comes up.  I just get a "waiting icon" and that's that.  No AGS log entries, no event viewer entries, no nothing.  Just a spinning cursor.

What can I do to troubleshoot or fix this.  Also, most likely the same issue, but we have a test 10.3 AGS cluster as well, which has been working great.  Yet again however, the other day a coworker tried to publish a map service to that from a 10.2.2 Arcmap.  Now, whenever anyone tries to publish to that cluster, 10.3 Desktop or otherwise, we just get a spinning "waiting" cursor in Arcmap, as described above.

So, both our production and test servers are FUBAR'd.  Any advice would be very welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RoyceSimpson

Ok, I've got the solution.  I re-added the new "jobs" folder location back in and re-pointed the publishing service to that new jobs folder.  Bammo, back in commission!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RoyceSimpson

I did find this thread, which states that publishing from 10.2 to 10.3 AGS shouldn't be a problem.  I'm totally baffled.  Can ArcMap 10.2 clients publish to ArcGIS Server 10.3

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson

Ok, I've got the solution.  I re-added the new "jobs" folder location back in and re-pointed the publishing service to that new jobs folder.  Bammo, back in commission!!!

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Good to know Royce

0 Kudos