ArcGIS Pro Usable with 10.3 for Home Use?

Jump to solution
01-23-2015 12:05 PM
LorenPfau1
New Contributor II

I've just purchased ArcGIS 10.3 for Home use and though ArcGIS Pro is included in the bundle I'm guessing that it cannot be used as the Home account is not associated with an Organization.  Is my understanding correct?

I've downloaded and installed Pro but when I try to activate it at startup I receive the message:  "The account could not be used to sign in because it is not authorized to use ArcGIS Pro."

It is the same account I used when purchasing 10.3.

Thanks for any insights.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LorenPfau1
New Contributor II

Thank you, Gisele.

I received an email from ESRI Customer Service on Friday that they had corrected the problem with using a personal account with Pro.  On Friday I was able to activate and begin using it.

Best regards,

Loren

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

See the following:  Will the ArcGIS for Home Use Program will include ArcGIS Pro?

Although the answer seems to be yes, I am not sure whether that applies with the prerelease versions of ArcGIS Pro, which is where we are still at today.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Pro 1.0 is released as of yesterday (no longer prerelease)

And home use licenses include ONE named user.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Loren,

Are you using your ArcGIS.com Organization account to sign in to ArcGIS Pro?  This is the account you use to sign in when you go to http:///www.arcgis.com.  The ArcGIS for Home Use comes with one named user and 100 service credits for ArcGIS.com, however you will need to contact customer service in order to activate your organization.

LorenPfau1
New Contributor II

Jake,

Thanks for your reply.

That's the rub (I think) about using Pro with a Home Use account. I do not have an Organization account through my work, I just have an AGOL Public Account for personal use.

It appears that Pro requires an Org account to allow it's use, but those in situations like mine won't have an Org account to tie it to.

Regards,

Loren

0 Kudos
GiseleMounzer
Esri Contributor

Dear Loren,

The ArcGIS for Home Use is currently issuing the incorrect type of subscription for ArcGIS Online. We are working on fixing this. In the meantime, please contact Esri Customer Service and they will be able to assist you. We will post the fix as soon as it’s available.

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention and apologies for the confusion and inconvenience.

Regards,

Gisele Mounzer

Product Marketing

Esri

0 Kudos
LorenPfau1
New Contributor II

Thank you, Gisele.

I received an email from ESRI Customer Service on Friday that they had corrected the problem with using a personal account with Pro.  On Friday I was able to activate and begin using it.

Best regards,

Loren

0 Kudos
LorenPfau1
New Contributor II

Leandra,

You nailed the challenge perfectly. An ESRI rep contacted me after the posting and said that they would update my personal account to activate organization status. Once that was done I was able to start using ArcGIS Pro.

Best regards,

Loren Pfau

0 Kudos
GabrielMarcus1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi. I'm having the same issue. I contacted support tonight and hope to have it rectified shortly. 

0 Kudos