explorer for ArcGIS Android

12-30-2014 01:10 PM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

So I am trying to use explorer on my android. But I haven't had much success. I am trying to log in and all it does is say failed to load map signing you out.  I have no problem logging in and opening the same maps on my iPad. Is there a trick to it that I don't know about. I make sure that I go to "other sign in options" and type our organizations url. But I have had no luck getting signed in. Which is a bummer because I really want to try it out. Any ideas why I can't log in?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I have noticed that it log in automatically (using the same credentials and maps you had open the last time). In case the map is not owned by you or it has been shared differently in the mean time, it probably does not allow access to it. Signing out is a little strange. You didn't change the password for the account, right?

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erik -- Did you make sure your organization has a valid basemap, as suggested by Scott in explorer for ArcGIS Android ?

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Kylie

what exactly does a valid basemap entail. The current basemaps I have set up for our organization works perfectly fine with explorer for iPad. So I am not sure what is considered valid or invalid. Basically I am using esri's base maps with one I created which is just a streets layer of our county that we operate in.

0 Kudos
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

I left out a word You need to be sure you have a valid *default* basemap configured. That means, outside of just the basemap gallery, that you have specified what the default basemap is for your organization. I've checked, and the steps Scott left should get you to the right spot: in "My Organization" click "Edit Settings", choose the "Map" tab, and make sure a basemap (that opens successfully) is set in the "Default Basemap" section.

If it does have one there, please let us know and we can look into this further.

Thanks!

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
ErikBlake

Kylie

Thanks for your help. Our default base map is set up so that our "streets" basemap. (One that I made of just our county streets. I did this to get around the whole LOD issue that esri has with its basemaps) I created a group called "basemaps" and I have that set as my Basemap Gallery. in the settings. I also checked "share the esri default basemaps to this group". I have had no issues opening this default basemap using AGO. and using the explorer for iPads. So not sure why the app for android won't allow maps to open with this default basemap.

0 Kudos
ScottSimon
New Contributor II

Erik,

In addition to the group selected for the Basemap Gallery option you described above, can you please verify that a valid basemap is selected for the Default Basemap option (which is immediately) after/beneath the Basemap Gallery option?

-Scott

0 Kudos