Data Driven Pages projection issue in ArcMap 10.0 SP5

Jump to solution
12-30-2014 03:00 AM
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there.

I cannot find any forum for ArcGIS Desktop so I'm posting in here as I'm not sure where else to post this.

I created a data driven page with a Spatial Reference scale field and the extent set to a data driven scale.

As soon as I did that the rotation of my map changed. It took some time but eventually after reading the following post: Data Driven Pages - spatial reference changes mid-way!, I worked out that the projection applied to be data frame had changed from British National Grid to some other projection.

Is this a bug that has since been fixed or just a random issue that more than likely only affects my MXD?

Kind regards

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimLangner

I've resolved the problem. I had set the Spatial Reference to my scale field, which I shouldn't have done. It then selected a projection. Perhaps the numbers I used referred to a spatial reference id.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TimLangner

I've resolved the problem. I had set the Spatial Reference to my scale field, which I shouldn't have done. It then selected a projection. Perhaps the numbers I used referred to a spatial reference id.