Will 10.2.x ArcHydro tools install on 10.3?

Jump to solution
12-15-2014 03:49 PM
Labels (1)
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm assuming the answer is no, but I thought I'd check, as there aren't major platform changes as far as I know.

Does the team have plans to create a 10.3 version in the next six months, or should plan to stick with 10.2.2 for a while?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

There is a 10.3 version available for Arc Hydro (10.3.0.1) that can be downloaded both from the ftp site and from the following location:

http://downloads.esri.com/ArcHydro/ArcHydro/Setup/10.3/

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

View solution in original post

12 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Finally got around to checking, and the 10.2.0.85 msi package installer fails its PreInstall checks with this error:

ArcHydroTools_Installer_failsWith_Desktop_10.3.PNG

Likely a simple adjustment in the installer, but it will need to be rebuilt for 10.3

Stuart

ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have found that by editing the MSI file with ORCA does wonders for tools that perform a software version prerequisite check. Just remove the line that has something to do with the version of ArcMap. Granted, ArcHydro (and others) may not have been compiled against 10.3, and you may get some unexpected errors. I've only encountered one issue with a tool that was compiled for 10.1....forced an install for 10.2 and only one function doesn't work.

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Tom colson‌, *,

First thing I looked for when reviewing with Orca but could not find it.  If you spot the stanza to edit, post it and I'll give it a go. Otherwise we'll need to wait for the Water Resources group to post revised installer. Christine Dartiguenave‌ and comment?

Stuart

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I "think" that

ArcHydroTools640Not DESKTOPBACKGROUNDPROCESSINGVERSION >= "10.2" And Not AGSVERSION >= "10.2"
AGSSupport0Not AGSVERSION >= "10.2"
ApFrameworkM0APFRAMEWORKVERSION
ApFrameworkM640APFRAMEWORKVERSION64

is what it's looking at. I'm using the 64-bit version of the installer. If you delete that statement? Unfortunately I don't have any machine I can test this on.

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Tom,

OBE.  But for what its worth those particular stanzas are unchanged in the 10.3 msi.

Stuart

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

There is a 10.3 version available for Arc Hydro (10.3.0.1) that can be downloaded both from the ftp site and from the following location:

http://downloads.esri.com/ArcHydro/ArcHydro/Setup/10.3/

Christine Dartiguenave

Esri Water Resources Team

V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Christine Dartiguenave‌, *,

Thanks! The rebuilt Installer runs with a clean log. Cursory review of ArcHydro Toolbar ArcMap 10.3, no issues.

Compiled help is still tagged as 10.2 - (Sep 2014), any substantive changes we should be aware of?

Stuart

0 Kudos
ChristineDartiguenave
Esri Contributor

There is no change between 10.2.x and 10.3. It is the same source code with a different installer. We will update the references in the help.

Christine

AllenMcCoin
New Contributor

Unrelated to the actual question, although I feel the content is suitable for this thread.

I had a major issue with installing it into my computer, the arc hydro 10.3.x. The arc hydro tool was trying to save  through a folder path that no longer existed in my drive. For some reason when I updated from version 10.2.x to 10.3 for my Arc Map, it erased ARCGIS home file from my drive. Follow the error and create the path that is in the error. Create a new folder and load up all the relevant folders, particularly the .bin file. After that it works like a dream. I hope this helps anyone that has shared the same frustration as I have had.

Cheers,

Allen McCoin