Developing Custom Data Reviewer Check

10-25-2014 11:03 AM
GaberMahmoud
New Contributor

hello,

I am working on developing a custom data reviewer check by implementing the Execute method of IPLTSCNTWorkspaceValExtension and IPLTSCNTSelectionSetValExtension interfaces, and unfortunately i only find samples for implementing the IPLTSCNTSelectionSetValExtension interface on which we can validate the check against single Feature Class or Table in the workspace and in my case i want to validate my custom check against all tables in workspace so i guess i should implement IPLTSCNTWorkspaceValExtension instead of IPLTSCNTSelectionSetValExtension but i didn't find any sample code of how to implement and use the IPLTSCNTWorkspaceValExtension interface and implement the following execute method:

public IPLTSErrorCollection Execute(IWorkspace workSpace, string arguments)

{

//TODO: code goes here to validate the selected features or records from different feature classes or tables agaisn a specific check

}

any help in that issue will be great.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShankarChandrasekaran
Esri Contributor

Hello Gaber,

I see that you have taken a look at the existing sample which implements IPLTSCNTSelectionSetValExtension interface. You are correct in thinking that you need to implement IPLTSCNTWorkspaceValExtension for getting access to all feature classes and tables in a workspace. We currently don't have a code sample that illustrates the same. But I wanted to clarify on how Reviewer provides specific information to the custom code based on the different interfaces.

IPLTSCNTSelectionSetValExtension - The input in your custom code would be a Selection set of features. This selection set is derived from the feature class you configured in the Custom Check dialog based on how you run the Check.

IPLTSCNTObjectClassValExtension - The input in your custom code would be a Feature Class/Table. This is the same feature class you configure in the Custom Check dialog.

IPLTSCNTWorkspaceValExtension - The input in your custom code would be a IWorkspace object. This is the same workspace that you had configured in the Custom Check Dialog.

Your custom code could expect a an IWorkspace and get access to all different feature classes and tables in the workspace. If you have more questions on how the Custom Check should be configured in a workspace scenario, please let me know and I can provide pointers on how to do this.

As we try to add more code samples for future releases, it would be a good assumption for you to make that, that an IWorkspace is going to be passed to your custom code and you can use that object to get the required tables and feature classes similar to accessing an IWorkspace arcobject.

Thanks

Shankar Chandrasekaran

ArcGIS Data Reviewer Developer Lead

ArcGIS Data Reviewer

0 Kudos
GaberMahmoud
New Contributor

Dear Shankar,

Thank you for your time.

Actually I have a question about the custom check in the work space scenario which is when we about to run/execute the check it's supposed to choose from one of the following options of features to validate:

1. Selection Set
  2. Current Extent
  3. Definition Query
  4. Full Database

But what I guess by implementing the Execute method with an IWorkspace parameter i only can work with the full database option and can't do it with the rest of options, even i won't be able to know which option user have selected which is a confusing behavior.

I have another issue regarding the data reviewer please, Can I run/trigger (from code) any of the data reviewer checks both built-in and custom and get back the result of that check and if i want to write them to the reviewer table can i do that. I tried to explore the data reviewer dlls but I couldn't reach to any useful result even when I try to search about classes or interfaces that exist in the dlls I didn't found any info.

I wish it be clear and wish not be confusing you and thank you for your cooperation.

wissam BakhashHaytham Abdel-Rahman

0 Kudos
RavindraSingh
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shankar,

I have few queries:

1. Can i create custom GUI for my custom Checks.
  2. Is there any other ways to use my custom checks other then first registering .dll and then every time user wants to use, he has to know the GUID of that custom check to mention in custom UI.    - Why i am asking this because, in some of end user does not have Admin rights, so they can not register the .dlls.
  3. why can't cusotom checks be used like the way esri supports custom Addins?

-

Thanks 

Ravindra singh

0 Kudos