ArcGIS Server version 10.21 service publish error

Jump to solution
10-09-2014 09:15 AM
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

I've created an enterprise database (Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 11.0.5058.0 (X64)) in ArcGIS 10.21, registered it as a data store, and set up the database connection in ArcCatalog using a SQL Server login that is a dbowner of the database.  I've imported two shape files into the database using ArcCatalog, and created a map that references these two feature classes.  When I try to publish the map as a service including feature access, I'm getting the "[00090] Feature service requires a registered database" error from the Analyzer and am unable to publish the service.  I'm using the same database connection from ArcCatalog to reference the database in ArcCatalog and the map.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this error might be occurring?  When I double-click on the error message and the Data Stores dialog pops up, the database is listed and validates fine.

Thanks,

Steve Burdette

srburdette@cs.ua.edu

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChadKopplin
Occasional Contributor III

You may need to delete the registered link and recreate it now that the feature classes are in the database.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
StevenGraf1

Have you checked out this help guide for that specific error?

0 Kudos
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, that's the one I've been looking at.  I'm using SQL Server authentication (with a dbowner user), have created one database connection in ArcCatalog, and have used that same database connection at each step.  Thought it might have something do with different versions (dbo.DEFAUT versus sde.DEFAULT or something like that), but does not look like that's the case.

0 Kudos
ChadKopplin

Steve, once you added the feature classes to the database did you validate the data store, I believe this may update your registered database.

0 Kudos
ChadKopplin

You may need to delete the registered link and recreate it now that the feature classes are in the database.

0 Kudos
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

Yes, have validated several times.  When I click on the "Feature service requires a registered database" error in the Analyzer Results it pops up the Data Stores dialog, and my registered database validates fine.  I've recreated this several times and the data store validation is good.  I have removed the feature classes and added them again to the map to see if it might be resolved, but am still getting the same error.

Thanks for the replies...if you have any other ideas I would definitely appreciate them.  If some screenshots would help I can include those.

0 Kudos
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

I ended up deleting the map, deleting the feature classes in the database, deleting the database connection, and deleting the reference in the data store in order to start over.  I recreated everything and now the Analyzer is not giving me the registration error.  I believe I used the same steps to recreate everything, but maybe I missed something before.  Nevertheless, the issue seems to be resolved.  Thanks again for your replies.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

What version of ArcGIS Server are you trying to publish too?  Is it 10.2.1 also?

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1

I also found this post that might be helpful.

0 Kudos
SteveBurdette
Occasional Contributor

I removed the Feature Access from the capabilities list so I could at least publish the map service, and took a look at the Service Workspaces within this service definition in the ArcGIS Server Manager.  It lists the map service as "Copied" instead of "Referenced" in the Service Workspaces dialog.

Could this be contributing to the analyzer error when Feature Access is included?  I believe I should be seeing the data as "Referenced" instead of "Copied" inside the Service Workspaces dialog.

0 Kudos