Editing in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
09-24-2014 01:10 PM
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III

I have an SDE geodatabase registered with ArcGIS Server. I'm attempting to create a new feature class for our tech to do some field data collection. I've created the feature class in the geodatabase, it works properly, I can edit in ArcMap. I've created a map service, and enabled feature access to allow for editing via the map service (Through the ArcGIS for iOS app, or Collector in the field). When I bring the service layers into an ArcGIS Online map, editing is not enabled. I pull in other services that I have previously been able to edit via an Online map, the editing works fine for those layers, but not the new one. It's just this one particular, newly created feature class.

Like I've said, I have registered the geodatabase with ArcGIS Server. Feature access is enabled. I've registered the feature dataset as versioned. I cannot figure out what step I'm missing.

It only seems to work with services/feature classes that I've previously been able to edit. Trying to create new services/feature classes doesn't seem to be responsive.

Anyone else run into this, or know what step I'm missing? At this point, I'm out of ideas.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NickLawalin
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing the same problem ever since the update. In you service url

http://<server name>/rest/services/<FolderName>/<ServiceName>/FeatureServe…

However, I'm only have issues with features the have Z Values.

HasZ: true

Is this the case for you as well?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MartinSirkovsky
Occasional Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue. Our data are stored in ArcGIS server. We started to experience this issue firt yesterday. We are experiencing following scenarios:

• Some of the older feature services can be edited in AGOL and on mobile devices
  • Some of the older feature services can be only edited on mobile devices and not in AGOL
  • Services published yesterday and newer cannot be edited in AGOL and won't show up in ArcGIS collector.

Can this be some issue with AGOL September update?

KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III

Martin,

I'm leaning toward that. Pretty much every step I've followed is similar/the same as I've followed before, except this time they're not working. But it's hard to say, are we the only ones experiencing the problem? I'm new to Geonet, so I'm not sure if we can share this with a wider audience.

I'm going to keep testing options as time allows. I'll keep you posted if I find a work-around.

0 Kudos
MartinSirkovsky
Occasional Contributor

Somebody has also complained about this in the comments part of this post:

ArcGIS Online Update -- Coming September 23, 2014

KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III

Drat, I was hoping it was something I'd done wrong.

0 Kudos
NickLawalin
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing the same problem ever since the update. In you service url

http://<server name>/rest/services/<FolderName>/<ServiceName>/FeatureServe…

However, I'm only have issues with features the have Z Values.

HasZ: true

Is this the case for you as well?

KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III

Yes Nick Lawalin‌, the new service does have Z values, I was just going to test it on a new service that didn't until I had found out it might be a bug.

0 Kudos
KevinLaughlin
New Contributor III

Yes, only when Z values are enabled. I just created a new service without and it works fine.

MartinSirkovsky
Occasional Contributor

Does this mean that I have to remove Z-values from the published datasets? Hopefully this will be soon resolved by ESRI.

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue should be resolved now with a website update deployed this evening. Editable services with Z (and M values) now show as editable again in the ArcGIS.com map viewer. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Chris