How do I correct the basemap data?

Jump to solution
08-05-2014 09:23 AM
DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

I am finding some errors in my region in the World Topo, Topographic, and Streets basemaps. What is the easiest way to correct the basemaps?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here are the way to submit feedback to the different maps

Topographic Map feedback

Imagery Map feedback

Street Map feedback

Those came from this thread, but problems with the forum migration removed the links.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here are the way to submit feedback to the different maps

Topographic Map feedback

Imagery Map feedback

Street Map feedback

Those came from this thread, but problems with the forum migration removed the links.

DragonflyLight_Richards
New Contributor III

Thank you! So if it is the same error propagated through all 3 maps, do I need to edit each one? I appreciate your quick response, Ken!

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a good answer on that. Hopefully, if the error is on a common data layer for in all three maps, giving feedback on a single map would make it to all three. Then again, depending on how often each of them are updated, it might work to your benefit to note the change in each one.

MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

You can just report the issue once. Several basemaps utilize the same underlying source data, so it will be fixed across basemaps.

Thanks

Mike

KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike

Is the feedback for each of the basemaps read at the same frequency? Or is there a particular basemap that will get its feedback reviewed more often?

0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

The items posted to the feedback maps are periodically reviewed by a group of people. No basemap feedback is reviewed more frequently than others. Here's our general process:

Esri reviews the feedback to determine the source of the data issue and how best to address the problem.  If the source is from one of our commercial vendors, we report the issues back to them. All feedback is vetted by Esri and/or the data vendor to ensure correctness. Thus, not all feedback will result in a change in the data. If a change is required, it may take one or more delivery cycles from the data vendor for the change to be incorporated. Once Esri receives updated data, we periodically update our basemaps with the new data.

We encourage you to be as complete as possible in your feedback and to include your contact information so that we may contact you with any questions.  Vague or incomplete feedback is difficult to summarize into a correction note and may not get submitted for a fix.

thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos