Airport Hanger GIS Vector Data

Jump to solution
07-31-2014 08:24 AM
Labels (1)
JohnFell
Occasional Contributor III

In the assessment of business personal property airport hangers that are for lease may be taxed within our jurisdiction. Are there any national, regional or state level resources out there for this sort of GIS vector data? My only source of this kind of information has been to search the airport website for PDF maps and plans and digitize the data myself.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveWiller
New Contributor II

I would try reaching out to the airport sponsor and ask to see the airport master plan and any as-built documentation that they might have.  If the airport is owned by a local city or municipality then they will make the data available. Unfortunately, most only have pdf's or paper plots available as that is what is delivered by the consultant who prepared the plan or as-built.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SteveWiller
New Contributor II

I would try reaching out to the airport sponsor and ask to see the airport master plan and any as-built documentation that they might have.  If the airport is owned by a local city or municipality then they will make the data available. Unfortunately, most only have pdf's or paper plots available as that is what is delivered by the consultant who prepared the plan or as-built.

JohnFell
Occasional Contributor III

Steve,

I think you are right.When searching I've found that the master plans have been the main resource for hanger information at airports. Thanks for confirming that notion.

0 Kudos