WebApp Builder Widgets Not Working

Jump to solution
07-23-2014 03:15 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I have built a webapp using the beta 2.0 release and when I download the app and place it on our web server, none of the widgets (basemap, query, draw, measure, legend, layer list) seem to load or work.  The only widget that does seem to work is the print widget.  Any ideas...?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

So the quick fix is to edit the config.json where it has things like:

"config": "/webappbuilder/apps/12/widgets/Draw/config_Draw.json"

it should be:

"config": "widgets/Draw/config_Draw.json"

So just remove "/webappbuilder/apps/12/"

Now why it was set that way when you deployed the app I don't know.

Once I made those changes to the config.json I go the widgets in your app to work.

View solution in original post

28 Replies
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II

I have been having issues with my Basemap widget loading when deployed on our webserver, but most other widgets seem to work for me, with the notable exception of the Print widget.   I have never got that to work properly, what's you secret?  Are you using the default service?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

haha...sounds like I'm having the opposite problem as you

I am using the default print service.  We have a print service, but I haven't tried it out yet, thought the default print service using landscape ansi A looked good enough to suit our needs.

No secrets up this sleeve...built the app in AppBuilder, downloaded, placed it on our web server and that seems to be the only widget working.

0 Kudos
tempJamiePowell
New Contributor

I have beta2 running. I am seeing the same issues with the legend, layer list, and measure. I have not tested the others. In beta1 they seem to be working without issue. I don't believe this is an isolated issue.

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Jamie Powell‌ - I am experiencing similar issues.  I had the beta1 version and didn't have any issues when downloading the app and placing it on our web server...all the widgets seemed to work fine.  At beta2 the widgets only seem to work while in the AppBuilder, but once deployed to our web server, they don't seem to load/work.

0 Kudos
AdamInglis
Occasional Contributor II

This shouldn't make much of a difference if you had success with Beta1, but what browsers are you testing your deployed apps in? 

I'm running Chrome & IE11 for mine, but I also test in FireFox and Opera.  I find sometimes my changes take a while to appear in the deployed version of my apps I guess due to caching in my frequently used browsers (Chrome/IE) so I like to keep FF/Opera very clean to check new deployments.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang1
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

If you have issues with widgets when deploy your download app to your webserver, could please provide some information about your webserver and what browser did you use for view the deployed app?

0 Kudos
mpboyle

wang zhifang‌ - our web server is on a Windows 2008 R2 server (64bit) running IIS 7.  I have tried opening the app with both IE (10) and Chrome (36) and the following widgets just spin that they are loading.  The only widget that loads is the print widget.

a. Basemap

b. Legend

c. LayerList

d. Query

e. Measure

f. Draw

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I had a similar issue initially but I then set the apiUrl in the env.js Check this thread: Deploying the WebApps?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang1
New Contributor III

Hi Matthew,

Did you deploy the created app on the same machine which Web Appbuilder running or on a different machine? If you deploy the app on a different machine, you have to add the machine's FQDN as a redirect uri to the Portal's item which is created automatically by WAB for OAuth use.

And could you provide a screen capture of what the console log saying in Chrome when widgets can not load? Thanks.

0 Kudos